Bermuda Grass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
a9884-1.jpg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a flying saucer hoovered over your lawn and dropped out a bunch of giant snails with slime that is capable of killing grass and humans that come into contact with it.
FOR GODS SAKE MAN STAY OFF THE GRASS!!!!!!!
View attachment 144928
I removed the shell from my pet snail in an attempt to make it faster. But if anything, it only made it more sluggish.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and doesn't see anyone. He looks down and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says: ‘What the hell was that for?’

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lawn marbling is what Bermuda does during a sudden onset of cool weather. It's a rhizome turf, so one "root" can grow a bunch of small independent patches (like this) or one giant mass (usually found in wild or invasive bermuda). When it turns like this, the furthest point from the nearest rhizome root starts to go dormant first because there's not enough energy/sun/warmth/etc to keep the entire plant growing. Cut off the hand to save the arm type thing. You still have enough sunlight for it to live, but not the warmth. That's why you get the oddly satisfying pattern, like marble.

When the warm temps linger like most years, a lawn will typically go dormant slowly turning brown evenly across the lawn due to a lack of sunlight instead of temp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom