Blowing up beaver dam, need any special license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm trying to determine if I should need any license other than just a hunting license to blow up a beaver dam for my buddy on his property. The intent is not to kill any beavers, but there is the possibility of collateral damage. I'm just wanting to stay on the right side of the law with this.
Thanks in advance.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a dam blows up in the woods, and no one hears it... did it make a sound? :D

No idea on the beaver issue, but without a license/permit/etc. to do explosives/demolition, that might be a very bad situation if anyone finds out.

I'd at least check with the local sheriff.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a dam blows up in the woods, and no one hears it... did it make a sound? :D

No idea on the beaver issue, but without a license/permit/etc. to do explosives/demolition, that might be a very bad situation if anyone finds out.

I'd at least check with the sherrif.
Not planning on using explosives really. Just tannerite, which is still legal. This week at least. And no, no videos will be posted. I don't want to be a poster boy for someone that wants to ban it. [emoji16]

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We've done a couple with tannerite. It way more than thought the first time. 15lbs just angered it lol. Loaded up a 30lb charge and it was awesome. Second dam was bigger, 40lbs did great. Our biggest issue was getting far enough away to be safe from flying pointy beaver sharpened sticks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here is the issue. I've use tractors with front loaders to remove beaver dams. Scraped the ground clean.
In two days it was bigger.
You're not going to "fix" a beaver problem until you kill the beaver/beavers. That's the bottom line. Trap em, shoot em, or hire a state trapper.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew a guy that worked for the city or Oklahoma County, trapping beavers. He had to have some kind of license or certification. Can't remember. It was a while back. Apparently (I didn't know before he told me) they're a problem in some of the drainage canals. WHO KNEW?

Latest posts

Top Bottom