Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need a refresher on the previous books, Jack Carr just released a "Behind the Books" series on the first five novels. I've only listened to the first one so far, but if the others hold the form, they start with Carr telling you some behind the scenes stuff about the novel followed by a quick synopsis of the characters and plot of the novel.

These are episodes of his Danger Close podcast, so they're probably easier consumed in your podcast app of choice.

First is The Terminal List:

Next is True Believer:

Savage Son:

The Devil's Hand:

In the Blood:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One I read years ago that I highly recommend is Hiroshi Sakurazaka's All You Need Is Kill. It's probably better known as the basis for the Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt movie Edge of Tomorrow (sometimes called Live, Die, Repeat). In Japanese parlance it's classified as a light novel, which would be young adult sci-fi here, so it's an easy, quick read, but it's a heck of a story.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current read is Born Twice by Dale Hanson. Dale was a Green Beret in MACV-SOG, and his book begins with him with a badly-wounded hand with his team hiding from VC/NVA pursuers after they'd ambushed and killed two supposed NVA Colonels (who would turn out to be Chinese intelligence officers) on the Ho Chi Minh trail. Then, in mid-story, it rewinds to his childhood, which is where I am currently.

The Audible version of the book is read by Hanson. You can also listen to him talking to John Stryker Meyer on two recent episodes of Meyer's SOGCast podcast.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
19 Minutes To Live a book on Vietnam Helicopter pilots. Very well written and accurately depicts the life of a GI.

bobkhan

Enlightened Redneck
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Latest read. It’s good, but depressing.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I'm waiting on the latest volumes of the Backyard Starship and The Lost Warship series , I've picked up the third and fourth volumes in the Travis Bishop Thrillers series, by KJ Kalis. the four volumes available right now are:

The Moscow Brief
Threat Rising
Tainted Asset
The 173

Latest posts

Top Bottom