Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keith W. Nolan is an author that has written some good factual books on Vietnam that are educational and he doesn't try to cover US shortcomings.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keith W. Nolan is an author that has written some good factual books on Vietnam that are educational and he doesn't try to cover US shortcomings.
I don't mind covering our shortcoming as long as it's done honestly. I do, however, want all the facts, and where possible, when those facts were known, and when they were made know to our leaders and our people.

GW Bush getting blamed for supposedly knowing in advance that Saddam Hussein did not have chemical weapons. Bill Clinton was telling us they had them. And I strongly suspect Hussein thought he had them. People who disappointed him had a tendency to get fed feet-first into an industrial shredder. I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy who told him we'd run out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I strongly suspect Hussein thought he had them.
Although it is no secret that they both had and had used them previously, one of the things that came out in his trial was that they did not have chemical weapons when we invaded, but they still had the knowledge of how to make them and the willingness to use them again.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although it is no secret that they both had and had used them previously, one of the things that came out in his trial was that they did not have chemical weapons when we invaded, but they still had the knowledge of how to make them and the willingness to use them again.
Which invasion? I was in Riyadh for the first one. My cousins were there for the 2nd invasion. One of them was killed in Iraq in September 2008.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which invasion? I was in Riyadh for the first one. My cousins were there for the 2nd invasion. One of them was killed in Iraq in September 2008.
The second invasion. As I recall, they had dismantled the weapons themselves, but they still had the materials and knowledge to make them, and they were planning on rebuilding them once they got the international community out of their business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom