Brisket 1 me 0...cooking **** up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are having our family Christmas get together Saturday, we will have 30 people at it, I'm having brisket smoked for 30 people. Having Abbotts in Stonewall smoke it all for me. They do a great job.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny...I wasn't trying....:cry11::laugh6::anyone:🤣
Don't feel bad, we all had our first time screw ups.
Mine was as a newly married youngster, invited some folks I worked with to dinner one evening. I had never cooked ribs although my dad was a master at rib cooking but evidently I didn't pay attention to the technique of indirect heat when using charcoal. So, built a bed of coals on the grill, put the lid on it and went in the house.
Looking out the window later, there were flames shooting out of the air vents, and had been for a while evidently because there was nothing left but charcoal that used to be ribs. We had vegetarian dinner that night.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wrap mine in butchers paper, I was telling him that wrapping it in foil can sped up the cook if he’s in a hurry
pour a little liquid in there and tent the top. That's a Texas crutch. Breaks the stall faster. I usually do mine in a big aluminum pan on a wire rack to keep the fire danger mitigated. When it stalls, pour some of the injection in the pan and cover with foil. After it's done, I make the burnt ends right in the pan.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We are having our family Christmas get together Saturday, we will have 30 people at it, I'm having brisket smoked for 30 people. Having Abbotts in Stonewall smoke it all for me. They do a great job.
I'm doing a smoked meatloaf. Cowboy Kent Rollins on YouTube has a fantastic recipe that I've adapted for my taste. Fantastic!

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
l found the butchers paper and low temperature of 220 degrees until the internal temperature is 210 degrees for at least 2 hours to melt the fat out and break down the collagen fibers......like posted above it ain't when your hungry it's when the brisket is ready......then wrap it in foil and a towel and pur it in a cooler for a couple of hours

Latest posts

Top Bottom