Brisket 1 me 0...cooking **** up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well this morning got up got the smoker ready put on my first brisket. Well about 6:30 pm I was hungry (this happens when you are a fat guy) decided to turn the smoker up to 350. Well about 15 minutes later walked in the backroom of the house to grab an adult beverage and smelt something burning. At that point my spider senses went off. Went out to the shop where the smoker is and sure enough its really smoking. Opened the lid and there was fire everywhere. After a short freak out moment my wife (AlleyGirl) ran in to the house grabbed my BBQ gloves I pulled off the brisket threw it onto the Blackstone and let the the grease burn itself out. After all the "fun" only a small part on the smoker needs to be replaced and the brisket (after scrapping all the burnt seasoning off) should be salvageable. Well after all this I learned that I need to either be more patient or leave the brisket to the experts.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta start it the night before if your wanting it for dinner! Only way I’ve found to speed the cook up some is wrap it in foil after a bit of cooking and get the temp up a little bit.
Try wrapping in butcher paper, works better than foil at not trapping in the steam and making the bark soggy.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No foil. Only peach butcher paper. Also, the rest. A big piece of meat with a long cook needs at least a 2 hr rest and a little longer may be even better after smoking in order to slowly cool and reabsorb the moisture back into the meat. Wrap in a towel and place in a medium sized cooler.

Also, with smoked bbq you don’t eat a certain time, you eat when it’s ready.

Latest posts

Top Bottom