Burn Co BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like he needs to make more food. Could make a killing. Are they open Saturday?

He likes to close around 2pm. I like the fact he sells out of everything every day and starts fresh the next day. Nothing worse than reheated BBQ and being charged like it's fresh. Yes he's open on Saturday. Same applies as well. Get there early. He opens the doors at 10:30.

Try the fatty, if you go. The smoked Prime Rib is awesome as well..

i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_309814_10150469921993082_4838755808.jpg

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to resurrect this old thread about Burn Co. as I made my first trip there today - Oh.My.Word. this is great barbecue!! They're open until 2:30 P.M. on Saturdays and are in their new location at 18th & Boston; waited in line maybe 10 minutes to order and they came down the line serving a free rib right off the smoker while we waited! Everything on their menu except the pies is cooked on a Hasty Bake grill with charcoal. Had a blues/country trio playing until around noon; didn't catch their name but they were great. Lots of seating at the new location, but we heard some others talking about how it's still a long wait if you come for lunch on a weekday. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Saturday special - a Fatty on a burger. This explains what a Fatty is; pay no attention to the location described in this article as it's their old site: http://indietulsa.wordpress.com/2011/12/23/burn-co-barbeque/

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to resurrect this old thread about Burn Co. as I made my first trip there today - Oh.My.Word. this is great barbecue!! They're open until 2:30 P.M. on Saturdays and are in their new location at 18th & Boston; waited in line maybe 10 minutes to order and they came down the line serving a free rib right off the smoker while we waited! Everything on their menu except the pies is cooked on a Hasty Bake grill with charcoal. Had a blues/country trio playing until around noon; didn't catch their name but they were great. Lots of seating at the new location, but we heard some others talking about how it's still a long wait if you come for lunch on a weekday. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Saturday special - a Fatty on a burger. This explains what a Fatty is; pay no attention to the location described in this article as it's their old site: http://indietulsa.wordpress.com/2011/12/23/burn-co-barbeque/

IMO there's nothing in OK that even comes close....

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I gave up trying to go during the week. the lines out the door and down the sidewalk. went on a rainy day and they were still packed with the line "S" shaped under the awning.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went by at 10:15 last week and there were 3-4 people already waiting in line. A couple of Bbq people have told me is ok to great. For me it better be awesome to wait 45 minutes BEFORE they even unlock the door.

Bbq is tricky. Very, very, very hard to do on a repeatable and daily basis.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am going to have to get this stuff fresh because I have had some next day left overs a buddy gave me at a job site and it was mediocre, the potato salad was good but my wife tells me I have a potato salad dependence.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I am going to have to get this stuff fresh because I have had some next day left overs a buddy gave me at a job site and it was mediocre, the potato salad was good but my wife tells me I have a potato salad dependence.

Lol! Me, too ... the only reason I go to picnics is to get me some potato salad ... :P

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been to Burnco a handful of times and liked it. And, each time got more than I ordered. Last time I was there I ordered the chicken and a few minutes later a lady came over and said "I'm sorry we're out of chicken, what else can I get you? What do you like?" I said I like everything. So she brought me a plate of EVERYTHING.

Latest posts

Top Bottom