Buying hard liquor in the grocery store in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could almost change the name of this thread to ***** & moan. I do not believe any adult is 'forced' to live in Oklahoma (possible military exclusion, etc), so that means you choose to live here. Laws in Oklahoma regarding alcohol haven't changed significantly in several decades, and prior changes were several decades before that. So if you weren't here before and moved here, what can I say? If you have always been here, there is nothing that is forcing you to stay.

Progress doesn't happen when people accept one of two options: 1. Take it up the fart hole. 2. Leave.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry Kop & Danny, I kind of like Oklahoma the way it is, conservative. If you want easy booze you can move to a state like California, I'll offer you a fair price for your guns.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry Kop & Danny, I kind of like Oklahoma the way it is, conservative. If you want easy booze you can move to a state like California, I'll offer you a fair price for your guns.

and if you're unhappy about the 51,000,000 people receiving food stamps/welfare, you should just move out of the country?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry Kop & Danny, I kind of like Oklahoma the way it is, conservative. If you want easy booze move to California, I'll offer you a fair price for your guns.

It's not only about "easy booze", but more options. We are missing out on countless quality and interesting choices due to our laws. I would almost think that the majority of the population wants change. If so, that would make you the minority. If you want laws dictating everything that you can and can not purchase legally as a responsible adult (doesn't this argue a general concept of conservatism? (small government)), then perhaps it's you who should move to California. They'd love to tell you how to live every waking moment of your life.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some pick where they live for the weather, some for the cost of living, some for the laws, some for the hunting and fishing etc. I chose to live in Oklahoma for many reasons, has some drawbacks but there are some pluses to living here also. If everyone should find Utopia please post that location here.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some pick where they live for the weather, some for the cost of living, some for the laws, some for the hunting and fishing etc. I chose to live in Oklahoma for many reasons, has some drawbacks but there are some pluses to living here also. If everyone should find Utopia please post that location here.

Just because it's favorable on the balance doesn't mean we can't try to change the drawbacks.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Utopia is subjective. Wouldn't you prefer to have more options so that everyone can create their own utopia?

If you don't want to purchase liquor in a grocery store, then by all means keep walking past the aisle. By telling those who would like this convenience to move, it sounds like it's your version of utopia or no utopia at all.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry Danny, I am not telling anyone to move, only saying they have an option to move to a location that could better suit their lifestyle. I (imho) "would almost" think that a majority of the voting citizens in Oklahoma would vote against changing the law to allow hard liquor & wine & strong beer to be sold anywhere but in liquor stores. The Oklahoma major metropolitan areas likely would vote for that, just not so sure that the rural counties would go along with that idea.

I can't state the validity of the information contained in the following link but the poll conducted amongst random Oklahoma citizens of voting age two years ago indicate that most oppose changing the law

http://soonerpoll.com/poll-finds-voters-overwhelmingly-oppose-liquor-law-changes/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you let the big boys in, the small folks can't compete... hmmm... heard that many places many times. Sure, some will go out of business. But others will thrive in the "niche" markets. Leaner and meaner, right? The gun and ammo sales argument is just the same. Sure, WM gets a lot of sales. But many local B&M stores still seem to manage, right?

I don't expect WalMart is going to carry my Balvenie DoubleWood Scotch, or any of the rarer, higher-end stuff. Sure, your JD and JW sales may suffer. But again, as mentioned before... is the .gov really supposed to be limiting what brands we can have, and who can sell them? I realize that is the reality today, as it stands, but is that really the intention of the capitalist free market system?

I dunno...

Latest posts

Top Bottom