Cabela's Thursday morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sportsmans Warehouse is such a great shop. They had one here?! Before my OK time. Why'd they leave?

As I understand it, the store was very profitable, but the management basically made a decision to shut down everything below the Mason-Dixon line if I remember right.
We have a thread on it that is searchable.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went today. Meh....nothing exciting. Ammo prices were higher than academy but they had more selection. The clothing department was small and over priced. I was expecting some good sales for the opening weekend. I walked out with my wallet intact.

By the way, the aquarium is like a 5 gal bucket compared to bass pro.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went today. Meh....nothing exciting. Ammo prices were higher than academy but they had more selection. The clothing department was small and over priced. I was expecting some good sales for the opening weekend. I walked out with my wallet intact.

By the way, the aquarium is like a 5 gal bucket compared to bass pro.
There is a lot of stuff on sale just not in the OKC store. There were a couple of things I went to get but when I got there they were marked full price. One item said "online only" so I blew that off. I showed therm the other item on their website with my phone and got it for the sale price.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still a little confused... Some want the big Ft. Worth style layout and some want cheap prices. Which one do you want? I don't know of too many museums that are free AND worth a crap. Just sayin'...
It'd be no problem at all if they'd use the cash they spend on the thousands of catalogs they send me every month.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://storelocator.sportsmanswarehouse.com

Looks like still 5 left below that line.

Wish ours was still there.
I went last Thursday. Bought a Lowrance HDS Gen 2 fish locator. Got it home, installed it in the boat, and the last thing to mount was the side scan transducer mounting bracket. No where to be found in the box. It was left out at the factory. Called the OKC Cabella's, and talked to the sales guy that sold it to me. He said he was going to take one off the rack and send it to me. A week later is has not shown up, so I called again today. Talked to the same guy, and he apologized profusely and said he could not account for why customer service didn't ship it to me, and he had no tracking number when I asked.

He said he emailed Lowrance today and said they would ship one to me. When I asked how long was that going to take, as I wanted to go to the lake this weekend, he said Cabellas would pay for overnight shipping.

I'm standing by waiting to see. Overall I'm ok with the store. We only have a Walmart with one 30" aisle dedicated to hunting and fishing, so I was like a kid in a candy store.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in there today and noticed a sign promoting their price match policy. I talked to a manager and they matched powder valleys price on primers, so that was pretty cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom