Can you CC at AMC theater in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to see a movie with the wife the other night. I did a quick google search to see if AMC had a no firearms policy. It turns out that they do, so I refrained from carrying. I saw no signs posted anywhere when we arrived. Does anyone know if you can carry here or not? What are the repercussions for carrying inside a place with a sign? Are you actually breaking the law or just violating their policy? I always refrain just to err on the safe side, but if it's just a policy violation, I may start carrying anyway.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I hear, but this site makes it seem like a violation of the SDA:

http://www.ok.gov/governor/OpenCarryFAQ.html

(The question is towards the bottom. It asks if you can carry in a business with a posted "No Firearms" sign and it says "no".)
You are not violating any sda laws. There was legislation passed a while back that now allows us to carry passed signs without breaking the law. Before you could be charged with trespassing and now you can't. The most that can happen is they can ask you to leave and if you refuse they can call the police and if you refuse them they can give you a ticket. If you see a sign just ignore it. Unless of course it is city or state or something like that.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand the law, Title 21 1290.22 Item C and D says if any business is posted, they may deny entrance or ask you to leave. If you do not, they can call the local police and they can give you a ticket not to exceed $250.

Rather than just reading a few Questions and Answers someone has used for a few highlights, I would suggest reading

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2014.pdf

This is the document that defines what is legal and not legal from the State of Oklahoma point of view. Add the Federal regulations to this and you should be covered with ll the knowledge you need to stay out of trouble.

Concealed is Concealed = CC If I am asked to leave for any reason, I am out of there and most likely will not be back.

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moderators, how about a "Sticky" with Current State Laws like this above document http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2014.pdf and some of the Federal stuff.

To me, these laws are the backbone of what most of us originally came here and are here for, we certainly do not want any of our members new or old in trouble because they were not aware of something. We have new people who are not sure where to look for items like the OP of this question, older guys that are not clear on some items like Corps of Engineers lakes, national parks, camping areas, etc. I myself had not been aware that driving into the Post Office parking lot to drop a letter in their outside box out the window of my truck was illegial until about a year ago. A listing of qurks in the laws would at least give us an opportunity to make better decisions.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom