Career change… IT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your paid by the homeowner to find problems. The realtor uses their guy that overlooks stuff or won’t get recommended again. If you do what your paid to do you will be out of business real fast.
That’s making an awful lot of assumptions. Sure, there’s some realtors like that. And some inspectors like that, but its far from the norm.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s making an awful lot of assumptions. Sure, there’s some realtors like that. And some inspectors like that, but its far from the norm.
If I was pursuing it, I'd try to figure out a way to market outside of the realtors, for this reason. I think that would actually be a decent differentiator. Easier said than done I'm sure.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a home inspector for awhile. Got out of it because of this crap. It is the norm, trust me.
I had one do a drive by inspection. He sat in his car and filled out the paperwork. He signed off on an inspection telling the bank I had a crawl space but I really had a full basement.

USAF Retired

Marksman
Reaction score
My experience with the VA has only been concerning my exposure to Agent Orange in SEA. IMHO it is "Deny - Deny Until They Die." Don't want or need their medical care and I want no $$. I just want "them" to admit what they did. Never going to happen.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with the VA has only been concerning my exposure to Agent Orange in SEA. IMHO it is "Deny - Deny Until They Die." Don't want or need their medical care and I want no $$. I just want "them" to admit what they did. Never going to happen.
There’s new guidance on it. I bet you can get everything you want.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/factsheets/serviceconnected/presumption.pdf

https://cdn5-hosted.civiclive.com/U...rvices/Veterans Services/PACT Act Handout.pdf

USAF Retired

Marksman
Reaction score
Ya, I appreciate the information and I may take another crack at them but I hold no hope. The last time they rejected my claim unless I told them things like: 1) How far from the flight line did you work 2) How far from the perimeter fence was your hooch 3) Supply an affidavit from a coworker concerning daily activities.............. Deny Deny Until They Die

The sound bites on TV and from the politicians all sound good until it is time to "fish or cut bait". The VA is a sad, sad organization. I have heard stories of their wonderful actions and I do believe that some veterans are treated fairly. I would hazard a guess that the % of veterans fairly treated by the VA is less than 25%. It is just my opinion.

indpndt74

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to recommend to you doing mechanical breakdown claims adjusting. Mercury insurance among others hire ex techs to adjust claims for extended warranties. I worked for 10 years as a tech and went into that field worked as an adjuster for 5 years and wound-up in a IT job after I had some office experience under my belt. Get Comptia A+ and Network + certified. You don't need experience or school to pass those tests. lots of free study material online.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to recommend to you doing mechanical breakdown claims adjusting. Mercury insurance among others hire ex techs to adjust claims for extended warranties. I worked for 10 years as a tech and went into that field worked as an adjuster for 5 years and wound-up in a IT job after I had some office experience under my belt. Get Comptia A+ and Network + certified. You don't need experience or school to pass those tests. lots of free study material online.
I went through Udemy, paid $47 for all the courses needed to pass my A+, Net+, and Sec+. Mike Meyers is teaching it all. I would say that’s pretty dang close to being free, and I really like it so far.

I’ll look into that claims adjuster stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom