Casa Bonita

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TG&Y Turtles Girdles & Yo-Yo's.
Spent most of my allowance there and at Gibson's buying fishing tackle in my younger day's.
Also spent many Saturday evenings gorging on TexMex at all the afore mentioned resturants.
Never heard turtles, girdles & yo-yo's. We always called it Toys, Games and Yo-Yo's.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. I bought my very first 8 track tape, KISS: Destroyer at TG&Y. That's right, I said 8 track tape. Remember how you bought em? They had this big display case with a plexiglass covering that had holes in the plexiglass strategically located so you could put your hand in, grab a tape, read what songs were on it, but that hole was just small enough, the tape could not go thru. I saved up all summer long in 1977 just to buy that tape. The 8 track is long gone, but I do have it on CD. Love that album. Brings back memories.

View attachment 268777
I still have this two volume set around here somewhere.

R-13022524-1546634998-9534.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TG&Y Turtles Girdles & Yo-Yo's.
Spent most of my allowance there and at Gibson's buying fishing tackle in my younger day's.
Also spent many Saturday evenings gorging on TexMex at all the afore mentioned resturants.

Never learned any of those phrases for TG&Y. Our town was too small to have one. In fact, I don't ever remember any store in town that sold such a variety of products.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went Casa Bonita and Chrystals many times as a kid. I preferred Chrystals. Casa reopened in early 2000s and we took a group of high school kids there. They thought it was great. Me, not so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom