Casa Bonita

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spring cleaning, found this in a file cabinet. Adjusted for inflation translates to around $12. I can’t eat like that anymore, but back in the day I raised that flag a bunch.
8F629125-ACBE-495B-B87D-4DF3E35B36C6.jpeg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've made a big deal lately about the one in Colorado, because it was written into the TV show "South Park."
Was unaware until I read a news article that Casa Bonita was founded in Oklahoma.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked there for a couple years in high school and junior college. That was back when the line would go out the door, around the corner, and to the back of the building.

The place had seating for 720 and we would go for two or three hours with no more than 4 or 5 open tables. People just kept coming off "the line" with trays of food. We had a map of the whole place with holes drilled into plexiglass on each table. We used color coded golf tees to map out what was clean (green), what had been bussed up (yellow) and what was dirty, but available (red).

Two or three people on walkie talkies would make laps all night long and radio the results to the two people with the map. One listened and changed out tees, and the other told the waiter which table to take the customers to. It was insane, but oddly enough, worked most of the time.

In a lot of ways, I grew up in that place. Fond memories.

Oh, and when I was cooking sopapillas, I went through 350 pounds of dough in one Friday night.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've made a big deal lately about the one in Colorado, because it was written into the TV show "South Park."
Was unaware until I read a news article that Casa Bonita was founded in Oklahoma.
Isn't that the one with the "grotto" like Hugh-the-man-Hefner had?

We only visited the Casa in Tulsa during the fair with our FFA groups and AG teacher, Mr. Harp. He was a kick! I really liked him.

I always thought the Mex place on Reno with the school bus driven into the side was brilliant and looked authentic as hell compared to the Mex places I have visited in Texas and Mexico.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When I was a kid it was a special treat for our family to eat there a couple of times a year.

I remember Shotgun Sam's but not Frank's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom