Casa Bonita

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but you can't trust a guy that puts honey on a plate then dips the sopapilla in it. I thought you're supposed to bite a hole in the top, pour in honey until Mom says "I think that's enough" then somehow figure out how to eat without getting hands all sticky!
Tear it in half,
Open up one half to form a “cup”.
Pour the desired amount of honey into the cup.
Shove the entire loaded cup into your sopapilla hole.
Repeat.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Or, maybe stop off in Colorado Springs and go to Edelwiess. Excellent restaurant to eat at. The first time we ate there, the wife ordered me the Filet Mignon, and we were all surprised that when it came out there were two steaks instead of just one. I don't know if two steaks is normal or not, but that is what I ended up getting.

It was AWESOME!!!!!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My older brother got busted trying to sneak a sopapilla out of the Tulsa Casa. He was so full he didn't have room for it, so he wrapped it up in a napkin and put it in his pocket.

Obviously, that was a major offense, because we got stopped at the door, and he had to surrender said stolen sopapilla.

My mother pleaded her son's case, but alas, it fell upon deaf ears. We weren't completely banished nor exiled from Casa Bonita, but we were sternly told to exit the establishment. It was a LONG time before we returned.
In the words of Gene Wilder (the Waco kid), "Boy, is he strict!"

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to live in SW OKC a few blocks behind the TG&Y on 240 and Penn. LOVED Crystals pizza and the movie room in the back. Shakey's on S Western had the best pizza and roasted potatoes on their buffet.

Pancho's, El Fenix, Casa Bonita or one of those old Mexican places would have those mini rolls of lifesavers at the register. Only had like 4.
TG&Y. That's another blast from the past, literally. I couldn't guess how much .22 ammo I got there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the words of Gene Wilder (the Waco kid), "Boy, is he strict!"
One of my favorite movies! I first saw it at the tender age of 10-12 years old. Most of the dialogue went over my head, of course, but I laughed myself silly at the campfire scene. Naturally over the years, I've learned to appreciate it more and more. Mel Brooks is such a comedic genius.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TG&Y Turtles Girdles & Yo-Yo's.
Spent most of my allowance there and at Gibson's buying fishing tackle in my younger day's.
Also spent many Saturday evenings gorging on TexMex at all the afore mentioned resturants.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I bought my very first 8 track tape, KISS: Destroyer at TG&Y. That's right, I said 8 track tape. Remember how you bought em? They had this big display case with a plexiglass covering that had holes in the plexiglass strategically located so you could put your hand in, grab a tape, read what songs were on it, but that hole was just small enough, the tape could not go thru. I saved up all summer long in 1977 just to buy that tape. The 8 track is long gone, but I do have it on CD. Love that album. Brings back memories.

1651057276557.png

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or, maybe stop off in Colorado Springs and go to Edelwiess. Excellent restaurant to eat at. The first time we ate there, the wife ordered me the Filet Mignon, and we were all surprised that when it came out there were two steaks instead of just one. I don't know if two steaks is normal or not, but that is what I ended up getting.

It was AWESOME!!!!!
Another hidden gem in COS is Caspian Cafe right off I-25 and Garden of the Gods road. Mediterranean food and very, very good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom