Check out counter at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I open a gun store, I will require all my salespersons to have sensitivity training, and to detect any displeasure in a customer, even if the only evidence is negative body language. If such displeasure is detected the salesperson will put down a tarp, kneel, and commit seppuku.

Still working out the Workers Comp issues related to this, but perhaps with this policy in place nobody will pizz and moan about some old guy whose carton has an expired who is still trying to work.

Don't you think asking them to put down a tarp first is a bit insensitive??!? I mean, really?!?!!? :disappoin

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my case it was many moons ago, WELL before every gun shop in the state was picked clean, and it was not some old guy. . it was two (2) gentlemen in their 30s.

Which is to say. . .my my experience, they've got more customer service problems than just one elderly gentleman.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry... I disagree. ALL local gunstores aren't worth my time and/or money. Some are, some aren't. You are free to spend your money where you will, I will spend mine in a place that both supports my values and appreciates me as a customer. Couldn't care less if they're a "local" business or not. If they don't do good business, then they need ta go OUT of business.

I understand where you are coming from, but I like just spending time around "gun people" at my local stores. Most all the local stores know me well because I spent more than some make a year at local gun stores lol.

:fullauto:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, what can I say, I guess I'm a D-bag cuz I had another bad experience at the check out counter at H&H...I guess as a paying customer, my time and satisfaction doesn't mean anything.

Maybe like calling to check the wait time on a lane before heading up, you should call to check the wait time on the cash registers before heading out.

timn8er

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had a problem at H&H, except for today. I forgot it was a federal holiday & they were
jammed to the gills. I waited for awhile, but there were still too many people ahead of me waiting
for a lane, so I split. I'll try again later this week. But still, that's not their fault, just poor planning
on my part. I believe they are adding more lanes, so that'll help.

caspian40sw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all you who what to b@#$h and complain abour bad service at H&H try shopping at the other stores in OKC I sure you will get better service and lower prices.
I have worked at H&H off and on when I am home for the last eight years and have been a customer for several years before that.
I have attempted to shop at the other stores in the OKC area and have never found a better selection,service or prices. Miles has helped to promote the shooting sports in Oklahoma for several years and by the way that they are packed all of the time they obvilousy have a large customer base.
They happen to be the best all round range and gun shop in the area. I will continue to work there when I am home and shop there.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've dealt with the elderly gentleman as my salesman. He sold my wife her first arm, a pink Charter Arms .38Spl. I've never been in a hurry when there so if he took a few minutes longer than some youngster, no biggie for me.

Went in today just to look. Saw some black consignment AR's with pricing that should've included gold plating. No thanks. A fool and his money are soon parted. I headed over to the levers and spotted a 16" .22LR Henry with the large loop for $319. Decided to buy it to give my 18" .22LR Henry some company in the safe. Checked out at the gunsmith counter with NICS check and credit card transaction in less than 10 minutes. Easy peazy...

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
QUOTE=BadgeBunny;2110040]Don't you think asking them to put down a tarp first is a bit insensitive??!? I mean, really?!?!!? :disappoin[/QUOTE]

The sensitivity training is for the salespeople, not the owner.:shocked:

Latest posts

Top Bottom