Check out counter at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I happen to like the service at H&H. I am still impressed they hold open the door for me when they see me coming. They always are quick to help me when I need help.... anyway the "OLD GUY" and I always have a great discussion when I go in. I'll keep rolling back!

JM44-40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
... but attacking the elderly gentleman on a public forum just ain't right.

+1 This...

I like H & H and drive 140 miles round trip to do business there. Yes, I may save a few bucks at another dealer but H & H has always taken care of me. Have had two Glocks that have had to go back to the factory (one went twice, the other three times) and all I had to do was leave them at the gunsmith counter with a letter. Never paid any shipping.

I had a Glock 19 Gen 3 go back to the factory three times until I finally called Glock and told them to shove it and keep the dam pistol. Told Glock I didn't want the thing and I'm not going to sell a lemon to someone. They promptly replaced it with a Gen 4 19, three mags, and complimentary night sights. H & H was right there handling the shipping through the whole thing, and notifying me they were back the same day they came in.

I'm very particular on my sights. I can tolerate a pistol that shoots a little high with the cartridge I prefer but no toleration if it shoots low or if it's off on windage. Windage has to be right on. The guys at the gunsmith counter have always been patient and sometimes moved my sights two or three times on a new pistol until it's just where I want. Sometimes no adjustment is necessary. If the factory sights don't cut it, then I go the aftermarket route. I've bought several aftermarkets from H & H and/or Dawson Precision and those guys at H & H have always worked with me on installation and adjustment. I don't do no gunsmithin --- just shootin.

I try to go when I think it won't be too busy and am patient. I have my own range and can shoot anytime I want - day or night, but sometimes I just take a day off and go to OKC and shoot at H & H for a change of pace at my own discretion. Very enjoyable...

I don't play no cards; I don't do no bowling; couldn't stand a round of golf --- let's shoot pistols!

"A Country Boy Can Survive"

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been to H&H, not in my territory. But I have been into a few business in my life and ran a few businesses. Sounds like a management difficulty. If I were to hear these remarks and try to help make a business decision, it would be easy for me. I always tried to put my employees in the places they were best at doing. It sounds like this older gentleman knows how to treat customers, and knows his stuff about firearms and the products they carry.

Let him do what he knows best to take care of the customer and then feed the people to the runners who can get stuff out of the back room and operate the computer whizo cash register. As a customer, I had rather talk to someone who knows what they are doing to help me find what I am looking for or give me their experiences to help me decide what I think I need primarily, I could care less who runs into the back room to bring it our or swipes my credit card and prints out the receipt. Not even .02 cents worth, no one would pay.

Reaction score
It must be nice to work a job where customer service doesn't matter. If I acted like some of these stories at my job, I would not have it for long. Also, if my management was this un-concerned about customer service, we would be outsourced in a heartbeat.

Maybe that is my problem, I expect to be treated like I treat people at my job. If I get anything less, I leave or go somewhere else. That's one of the reasons I have never been back to Outdoor America.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMAO!! That EXACT same comment was made in a thread about me more moons ago than I care to admit! :D (Thank God I didn't take it personal back them ... I just considered the source and moved on with my life ... LOL)
You helped me when you worked there and I was very impressed, in fact I remember posting about it then finding out on here that you are a member lol

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something is wrong here...very wrong. For some odd reason, I have always had good experiences there too. The people generally say hi; don't pester me like a Mattress Brothers salesman, and I conduct my business with generally no problem. Be nice to the old guy; you might live to be one someday. He's no worse to deal with than some of the puffed-up terds with a know it all attitude who frequent all LGS(s) and spout their opinions as if they were fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom