Check out counter at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for life experience and sweet grandpas, but they are trying to run a business. Putting someone who is terribly slow behind a register is maddening for everyone in line. Take the life experience to the sales floor.

They don't put him behind the counter. Chances are he was helping someone out (he does have a very, very loyal customer base) and folks just see someone at a cash register and ... well ... there ya go.

Face it guys, you are preaching to the choir here. Miles, and family have run that place like they've run that place for longer than I've known they were around. It's not gonna change because you get on an internet board and piss and moan and whine and complain. The best you can hope for is to cost the old man his job. (Case in point -- Look how much good it did to get rid of me. Still the same old issues at the range, just a different set of people.) It's not me, nor this kindly feller who is the problem there. You guys are complaining about the wrong folks ... to the wrong folks, I might add ...

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure who you are talking about but my grandfather works up there, and he is one of the most knowledgeable awesome dudes ever. I think you need to quit your whining and possibly walk around to find someone else to help out! I hear more bitching on this forum than anything. Come on people chill out and enjoy life!!!

And I think you need to look up the definition of "customer service".

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the comments in this thread (and several other sources), it sounds like H&H has a serious customer service issue.

ROFLMAO!! That EXACT same comment was made in a thread about me more moons ago than I care to admit! :D (Thank God I didn't take it personal back them ... I just considered the source and moved on with my life ... LOL)

mbfree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure he was not the only one working. Sounds like the guy never tried to get any help from anyone else, and otherwise just wanted to be difficult and threw a fit about it....
Anyways, I am over it, don't think it was my grandpa. Go ahead ***** and moan and take your thread back. I don't think H&H is hurting anyways

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
H&H is good people. No one there is out to do you harm. They have been swamped for quite some time and its hard to find good help that will be focused 100% throughout a shift. Employees have bad days too just like us customers.

We should support ALL local gun stores before you can ONLY BUY ON THE INTERNET. Internet sales tax is already here basically. A few more months...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is good people. No one there is out to do you harm. They have been swamped for quite some time and its hard to find good help that will be focused 100% throughout a shift. Employees have bad days too just like us customers.

We should support ALL local gun stores before you can ONLY BUY ON THE INTERNET. Internet sales tax is already here basically. A few more months...
Sorry... I disagree. ALL local gunstores aren't worth my time and/or money. Some are, some aren't. You are free to spend your money where you will, I will spend mine in a place that both supports my values and appreciates me as a customer. Couldn't care less if they're a "local" business or not. If they don't do good business, then they need ta go OUT of business.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry... I disagree. ALL local gunstores aren't worth my time and/or money. Some are, some aren't. You are free to spend your money where you will, I will spend mine in a place that both supports my values and appreciates me as a customer. Couldn't care less if they're a "local" business or not. If they don't do good business, then they need ta go OUT of business.

+1 to you brother, I know that feel. Although it's sometimes painful to hear, not every local shop is destined to survive. Anyone remember the episode of Southpark talking about "Harbucks" versus Mr. Tweaks coffee? Same principle.

Up here in T-Town I always comparison shop between a few stores, and have made quite a few local purchases of firearms or accessories. They've been distributed amongst reddog1 (B.A.N.G.), Sports World and Academy mostly. Ammo from Walmart sometimes too. Honestly, when I want a local touch where I get customer service, I call Patrick (BANG). Not all individuals or FFL's or companies I have ever dealt with are created equal.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to avoid the place at all costs but when i do go in there i hunt out the old man and have him help me. Hes the only one in there that doesnt give me the typical i work in a gun store so im better then anyone else on this planet attitude. IF he wasnt there i honestly wouldnt even go into that place id just go without until i could get it someplace else.
I love guns but i hate gun stores. Way too many assholes work in them.

You know I'm over 60 and have bought guns in five different states at any number of lgs's. I can't recall one that wasn't run by assholes.
Just my two cents!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I open a gun store, I will require all my salespersons to have sensitivity training, and to detect any displeasure in a customer, even if the only evidence is negative body language. If such displeasure is detected the salesperson will put down a tarp, kneel, and commit seppuku.

Still working out the Workers Comp issues related to this, but perhaps with this policy in place nobody will pizz and moan about some old guy whose carton has an expired who is still trying to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom