Check out counter at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The service at H&H for me is usually hit and miss. I like their selection, prices aren't usually too terrible, and the folks on the sales side usually are pretty friendly. The service on the range side is what is normally hit and miss for me. Unfortunately miss more often than hit. Needless to say, I don't particularly like going there to shoot, but I don't mind shopping there, with one caveat. I've only ever had two really bad experiences there, and one has to do with reloading supplies. When I first started reloading I went in to buy some primers, and the old codger working reloading absolutely did not want to have anything to do with me. It was like I ruined his day by coming over to purchase something. Then when I asked a couple questions about different primer brands, well, you'd thought I was just really putting him out. So I've decided I will not buy reloading supplies there anymore.

My other bad experience came when I went to do my concealed carry class. They told me that if I brought my paper work from my military pistol qualification that they would exempt me from the shooting portion of the class and knock the fee down by half. I was just an E4 at the time, so I had to sweet talk my company commander into letting me shoot his pistol on range day so I could get a pistol qualification. Well, when I presented the paperwork they refused to accept it. They said it was Not the correct paperwork, however it is the only paper work that the Army produces on weapons qual, and the guy could not tell me the form that was required. It just so happened that my platoon leader was there at the time and tried telling the dude how the qual paper work works, but the guy wouldn't have it.

So anyhow, I will purchase guns or accessories there, but I do not take classes, buy reloading supplies, or shoot there.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am probably closer to the guys age, he is a lot like me so i understand, i dont move thet fast anymore. if the building was on fire i would not run. i have always received good help , sometimes excellent at h&h . i sold firearms for 3 years and regular customers waited til i was at work to make a purchase. i did not act like i knew more than them because i did not. i listened to them and showed them what we had that fit there requirements. always showed the newest, latest, greatest that they might not know of yet.some of you here were probably customers of mine. i worked during the last obama rush in 09. had to listen to everyone whine, where is the ammo, i can only have 2 boxes. i cared and tried to help every customer as best i could , but still could not make every customer happy. i like old guys and hopefully you guys will live long enough you can slow down , enjoy life like us old guys.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You helped me when you worked there and I was very impressed, in fact I remember posting about it then finding out on here that you are a member lol

:kiss: OK ... well ... that makes two of ya!! :D Yeah, OSA's membership has mellowed over the years. I can't remember the last time some guy got his feelers hurt just because some GURL dared to have an opinion different than his ... Oh, wait ... yes I can ... where is that 1911Maverick or was it Maverick1911 fella?? Oh, yeah ... He's in the classifieds ... dustingaunder sure pegged that one right! :lmfao:

justakid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to personally apologize for the problems you all have received in our store. Even before this big run on firearms we where having these problems and have been trying to fix them as best we can, trying to find knowledgable help is very hard to come by.

Believe it or not we bring this up at every managers meetings and are constantly working to improve the service you expect and deserve when you come to our store, its no secret that no body needs to come to a gun store, so we have to provide what online stores can’t.

We have made huge changes in how are store is run and it has taken some time for our store to change the way it has been run for 30 years (Mom and Pop store to a large business). Please bare with us as we truly are working on how to best handle our guests when they come in our store.

To help with the huge wait lines on the range side we are adding 6 more shooting lanes and even looking into temperature controlling them as well. We are also adding a RSO program for the ranges (I know this has been a concern with some of you and we have been working on it for sometime now, it just never got off the ground until recently).

On the sales side we are trying to find cashiers to man the registers, more salesmen on the floor and we are working on hire a few phone operators to handle the phones which I know has been a problem. As for the old man his name is Ray and even though he is slow he the coolest guy I know and well help anyone who comes in the store, and he is only working here because he does not want to sit at home and do nothing, we have truly have never received a complaint on him before (Not saying guests have not been happy with him) just no one has ever taken the time to send in a complaint on him. Miles (my dad) takes all complaints to heart and deals with them as they come in.

Once again I apologize for these problems and hope we can meet your expectations if and when you visit our store in the future.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stopped in yesterday and was told to wait inline for ammo....i just needed a price on the .223.. the line was 15 people long no thanks...

1st time i have been in the store looked nice and had alot of stuff...

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&h used to be a great shop. Now they seem to be going in a direction that seems to not be conducive to me spending as much money with them. It is convenient and they normally have the reloading stuff I need. And their prices aren't as bad as some places. But when I need something firearms wise and I go to h&h since the recent shake ups in employees I search out one of the two older gentleman to help me. Sure they may not be the fastest but they have both forgot more than most of the punk azz 511 tactical pant wearing jerks will ever hope to learn about firearms. And at least they treat the customer as a valued commodity not an inconvenience. Which is the way several of them act towards customers. H&h will continue to have a broad selection (if manufactures ever get caught up). It frustrates me when they won't answer the phone but since the crazies hit I haven't called. but it's a free market for now and if you would rathe have your gun store help look the part rather than have knowledge of the industry then bash a neat old man on the Internet. I myself will take knowledge and customer service every time. If anymore of the few good guys leave ill just take my business elsewhere which is my right same as yours to get your panties in a bunch over someone being slow.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I'm that old, I hope I'm still doing what I love. And I hope I'll still have the presence of mind to throw out the occasional "f*** off" to a young impatient customer. Feel lucky you were helped out and were able to purchase what you were seeking to buy... H&H ain't hurting for business, you're lucky to have given them some money...

If you can't stand it, there's always GunWorld

Latest posts

Top Bottom