Chuy's Tex-Mex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure it had a name it sits in the parking lot of a vacant bar-b-q place just north of taco bell!! i call them roach coaches or gut wagons.

i eat fry bread it is native food for here.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to school in Austin and living there for 5 years I ate a ton of food at Chuys...literally.

I can eat the creamy jalapeno dip by the gallon. I make it at home for parties.

If one opens up in OKC I would be pumped. Much better than 99% of the current options for TexMex.

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey gopokes have you ever had green chili from new Mexico? I heard you guys had green chili, its impossible to get in tulsa so wondering how yours was.

I used to live in Denver and I fell in love with the Hatch Green Chile. Chuy's has been buying from the same farmer since 1982. We fresh roast the chiles every day and our green chile sauce is fantastic. It is a little spicy but the flavor is top notch. When we first opened some people thought the chile roaster was a bingo cage!

Ted's is meh, ever since they changed owners the food has become bland. Their prices are outrageous too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom