Claremore Entertainment Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. Well the problem is I'll be in Claremore coming FROM Tulsa lol. Hoping to find some cool things to do with my special lady friend while I'm in town.

Maybe you can demonstrate for her the making of one of your pens...? Hey, that could turn into something "special" :wink2:

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Claremore Entertainment. Oxymoron of the century.
Really though, there is no outdoor food, no bars....its a small town. period. Surprised no one mentioned walking the nature trail at rogers state.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where this thread has turned lol...

Well it doesn't look like there are too many options. I was afraid of that.

Even any cool places to just hang out?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a little while, but isn't there a restaurant south of there that offers a Friday or Saturday dinner with a murder who did it theme? Some where near the catoosa barge entrance. We are there a couple of years ago but didn't stay for the theater deal.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
people from verdigris go to claremore to have fun...enough said.

Now just wtf is that suppose to mean? :)

Pits Barbecue is pretty good and just down the street from the gun museum

Pit's is now "Buddy's" or something like that. Still in the same location they moved to a while back, but they changed names for some reason.

It's been a little while, but isn't there a restaurant south of there that offers a Friday or Saturday dinner with a murder who did it theme? Some where near the catoosa barge entrance. We are there a couple of years ago but didn't stay for the theater deal.

That is Molly's. Personally, I wouldn't go there for any more than the entertainment value... the food is expensive and not impressive at all IMO.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP, there are several good places to eat in Claremore.

For BBQ, there is a little red shack called Morgan Dowell's BBQ... trust me, if you like BBQ, particularly ribs, you cannot go wrong.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-50001690-morgan-dowell-s-barbeque-joint-claremore

As mentioned above, Buddy's (formerly Pit's) is also good, but certainly beat out by MD's.

For country, down-home food, Hammit House is pretty decent. I can't say I've ever been overly-thrilled with the food, but if you want a good meal, and a slice of pie, you should give them a try. Hammet House is located on Will Rogers BLVD, just in front of the college.

For a burger, Goldie's is probably your best bet... I've been to many others, but the one in Claremore has always had a consistently fantastic bacon cheese burger.

For Mexican... which Claremore has no shortage of Mexican places, our favorite is El Maguey, which is just behind Chili's on the South end of town... and next to Goldies.

Not sure what to tell you about entertainment though... I mean, I know where a few cows are if you want to push them over...

Latest posts

Top Bottom