Cleaning: Bore Snake or Old Fashioned Rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions about the two different types of gun cleaning kits. Reviews are mixed on both. Does either run a higher risk of damaging the gun, etc? Buy a kit, or buy a box and all the stuff you need individually? Have a small Hoppe's kit now, but want a Universal.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have an M16 military cleaning kit that you can get at any gun show and I put a few different caliber bore brushes and old tooth brushes in the pocket of the pouch. I put this small kit, some break free cleaner, gun lube, barrel patches, dentist picks, and an old t-shirt into a small ammo can and that's my cleaning kit.

I've never tried the bore snake cause I have everything I need all in one can. Easy to carry wherever needed.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use bore snakes for quick cleaning, usually for cleaning corrosive milsurp ammo at the range. I use rod/brush/patch at home.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a bore snake on everything, they work much better than a rod and patch from my experiences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom