Closed to the Public: Help Us Keep SHOT Show a Place for Business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your average Joe has no business at a trade show, sorry if that offends you but it's true. Having been to these types of events (mostly CES and SEMA) as a retail member, manufacturer, and now as media, I can tell you that the regulars make everyone else's job that much harder to do. These shows are not for retail business, they are for business to business and media coverage. I am sorry if you feel left out, but without these types of shows, the retail business is much more difficult.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your average Joe has no business at a trade show, sorry if that offends you but it's true. Having been to these types of events (mostly CES and SEMA) as a retail member, manufacturer, and now as media, I can tell you that the regulars make everyone else's job that much harder to do. These shows are not for retail business, they are for business to business and media coverage. I am sorry if you feel left out, but without these types of shows, the retail business is much more difficult.

You might wanna look into it some more, but I think CES is open to the public. ;) At least it was last time I was there...

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comments from article :

Justin Youngblood I support it. Nothing like trying to do deals and having some kooky-loo in your ****in way. SHOT is for manufactures to reach out to distributors and vendors... Not your end-using booger-eaters.
5 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

I take exception to being called a booger-eater!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could barely make it through the show to see all of the exhibitors in three days. It was insanely packed as a dealers only show. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if it were open to the public. The Shot Show should remain for dealers, and consumers have shows like Wannemacher. It's just my opinion, but if the Shot Show were open to the public myself as a dealer would have a hard time making deals with new distributors and finding new products if there were 50 people crowding in a booth to hold a new firearm.

Yeah because the Wannenmacher and the Shot show are similar venues. Namely, if you want the latest and greatest..... you don't go to Wanne.

As to the rest..... Why can't the dealers have their 2-3 days and then they open it up to the public? Everyone's happy that way? It's kind of a no-brainer to me as to the benefits, but I've always thought that the firearm industry is riddled with individuals with little to no business sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom