College Kids turning to Prostitution to pay off college bills?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some wonderful online courses and programs, many of them free. Be sure to look https://www.coursera.org/ and https://www.udacity.com/ and https://www.edx.org/, but there are many others as well.

Thanks! I've been doing the Courseca classes just for fine, it credit for a while. I'm probably one of The Great Courses' best customers! Lol

I like learning for the sake of learning but have a really hard time in a structured classroom setting. I feel like I'm just stuck there sitting and listening to drivel from the class clown and the half a dozen suck-ups that are invariably there and my brain just shuts down. Imagine that! Ha!

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, profs don't get paid for it. For the most part, it's simply the traditional, accepted way. In short, profs are persuaded to use the new edition because (a) they typically do update the content--at least some--to be in line with more-current findings on that content (b) they get new test banks, and (c) they get new powerpoints. In 2011, my pedagogy was based on (a) all online, open-access learning materials, (b) creation of novel test questions every semester--for lots of reasons, and (c) no powerpoints. Although university administrators, fellow profs, and many involved parties told me it would fail and be unsustainable, it's actually been a huge success (at all levels). There is still a lot of push back against this approach, but to date not one person has been able to argue against the data I have that evidences the overwhelming success of the approach.

Bless you. As a recent college grad, I can say that it appears that students, professors, are universities are becoming more aware of the crushing effect significant student debt has. Many of my business professors required textbooks that were slightly older, and often could be rented for under $20. Some flat out didn't require textbooks at all, however, this practice is somewhat discouraged from the university as many accrediting bodies want to see updated textbooks as required (stupid from a financial point of view, huh?).

I hope this trend continues, and that more professors like you challenge the status quo and work tirelessly to truly educate students.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I help a female student, with her college bills when i was in Sydney Australia. I was drunk and it was good idea at the time.

She was sweet girl or a good actress.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao! That's too funny. Honestly, given the gift of hindsight, I cannot imagine that at least SOME guys are insanely jealous that this option to pay off their debts isn't as readily available to them as it is to some hot ginger!

Ginger or Mary Ann! LOL

flashbak.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_12_GINGER_OR_MARY_ANN.jpg

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bless you. As a recent college grad, I can say that it appears that students, professors, are universities are becoming more aware of the crushing effect significant student debt has. Many of my business professors required textbooks that were slightly older, and often could be rented for under $20. Some flat out didn't require textbooks at all, however, this practice is somewhat discouraged from the university as many accrediting bodies want to see updated textbooks as required (stupid from a financial point of view, huh?).

I hope this trend continues, and that more professors like you challenge the status quo and work tirelessly to truly educate students.
Thanks. If the information is freely available online, I think it's unethical to force students to pay for it (and I've made a lot of headway using this a core for my arguments about it).

Latest posts

Top Bottom