Colonoscopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the gas is a must, i drove a friend down to have it done twice, they won't let you go until you fart loud enough to rouse the dead. my advice is the same i gave him, lay in a huge supply of baby wipes. figure how much you think needed, then double it. or have a low wattage hair dryer cause you're gonna have the red azz otherwise

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had four colonoscopies (one every 5yrs) as recommended because my Mother had colon cancer at age 60. She had surgery and is still surviving at age 90.

The preparation is the worst part. However, after working 38+ years in acute healthcare, I assure you all that the consequences of colon cancer left untreated, or treated too late, are so dismal that there is no rational basis for avoiding the procedure. With Conscious Sedation, you should have no knowledge of the process and no bad memories.

My Wife is an RN and she starts me on clear liquids two days before the Preparation, so I cheat a bit on the amount of laxative the night before because those things rear me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm only 30 and had one done at 25yrs old. It's really not a big deal, the medicine they give you really puts you OUTTT.

Like Nike says, JUST DO IT

The only appointment I've walked out of is a vasectomy surgery, they left me in that room alone to think for almost 2 hours staright... (I believe they forgot about me). I found a new doctor and had it done though..

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one a few years ago. Still can't figure out what all the whining is about. Even drinking the stuff the day before aint that big a deal. You go to sleep, wake up and ready to eat.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's other things that happen to you as you age but I hesitate to scare anyone with them...let's just say you younger ones are in for a series of surprises.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had it done. The most difficult part for me was drinking the stuff to flush you out, couldnt hardly get it down, awful tasting. But I did. The procedure it self was easy, they gave me a sedative, and in a few minutes I was relaxed as a baby breast feeding. Took me in to the room for the procedure and the next thing I remember is waking up in recovery thinking Hell when are we going to do this. It was done.
Got out of recovery and the wife drove me home. I told the wife when I got in the vehicle to go home that I could have drove myself, she said sure you could. She Woke me up pulling up the driveway to our house. She asked do you still think you could have drove yourself home now? My reply was, im going in and going to bed.
GET IT DONE

Latest posts

Top Bottom