Colt Combat Elite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first 1911. I love the fit and finish. The trigger is great. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I've field stripped it a few times. The full length guide rod makes disassembly without a tool a little difficult, but it is still possible. I really like the undercut frame behind the trigger guard, upswept beavertail grip safety, and dual textured stocks.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I looked at Kimbers for a long time, but a Colt with all the features (even a National Match barrel) for $880 was hard to pass up. I had to sell a few others to get this one, but I think I'll get more use out of it than the others. I'm surprised at how thin it is. This shouldn't be a problem to carry.

The M&P45 was tempting, but I already have an M&P9c and wanted to diversify a little.

Hopefully this shoots well. I'll try to get a range report up next week.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned a Combat Elite for about 5 months. I too looked long and hard at Kimbers and came away with the Colt. I've shot over a 1000 rounds throught it, mostly lead reloads. Never missed a beat. I love the gun and am a lot more accurate it with it than I though I could ever be. Great pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom