Colt Combat Unit 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLUPER

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with Colts new run of 1911s?
Just got a new Combat Unit 45. The feed ramps had tool marks and did and excellent job of catching / stopping lrounds. The extractor looks like it was just thrown in the gun without tuning. It just fell out and is too sharp now that it has tension.
I would post a pic, but it is at the gunsmith after 1 day of owning it.
I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out to be an expensive mistake.

I also purchased a 9mm Competition model in 2016. It ran like a scalded rat out of the box. I looked at it the other night. The feed ramps look good and the rounds slide right in. I have only had time to shoot about 200 rounds through it and not a single malfunction. I checked out the extractor. The hook is long enough to pull the round out of the chamber, but it doesn’t hold the casing at all. I also can see where it has been jumping over the rim of the casing.
I love Colts and I have waited a decade for them to start making guns again. Given the chance I would buy another Colt. The lack of quality control is just disappointing.
Please post your experiences.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now are lean times for gun manufacturers. Trump will be the worst gun salesman of the decade for them. This was posted on another forum (can't verify the veracity, but it jives with your observation):

The Hartford Horsey is undergoing quite a bit of change now.

It’s been steadily slimming down the headcount, with the last round of layoffs last week totaling 75 people. So I hear.

Also, importantly, I am hearing they are moving away from vertical integration (manufacturing their own parts) and moving towards subcontracting. I don’t know what that means for QC and hardcore Colt customers.

I hope Colt can steady the ship in a market characterized by slackening demand (no panic buying) and maybe have enough cash to diversify its product line (with a new non-1911 pistol).

We live in interesting times, especially now that Remington is shopping around for DIP financing ahead of a Ch11 re-org.

Latest posts

Top Bottom