Concealed VS Printing - Is there an issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this section Terry. My opinion, for what its worth (not much) is that if your gun is covered and you have made an honest attempt at concealing it, you should not be in violation of the intent of the SDA.

Yes, "detection and view" probably means something different to each person, however, it definitely means something different to someone who carries daily than it does the sheeple!

As an extreme example (which I don't want to test out) if I am carrying OWB and and a tight t-shirt (read: GAY) and you can see the outline of my gun, I really think TECHNICALLY you are not in violation but I don't want to be the guinea pig. Or the guy wearing the gay t-shirt. :)

BC

I don't see what you and Fear Factor are talking about. I am happy most of the time in my happy tight t-shirt and matching happy fannypack/crocs.

Long and short is don't print. If a LEO can tell what you have on you, he/she may/may not find you in violation of SDA. Then the DA may/may not prosecute and you may/may not lose your CWP.

So, if you want to test it out, ask your SA to BFF if they notice anything out of the ordinary before you leave the house.

$1.00/50

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am happy most of the time in my happy tight t-shirt and matching happy fannypack/crocs
I just cant enjoy the pleasure of a nice fanny pack or a nice pair of Crocs until my big ex-Marine father gets out of my head. He's dead,but he's still out there some where and the minute I strap on that fanny pack and slip on those Crocs all hell will break loose. I'm doomed to a life without those simple pleasures.

jaketinaboxer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where your coming from, for instance: a wallet holster will have a bulge, but won't "print" a gun from the outside. I don't believe a bulge is a bad thing, but i do believe that if someone can readily tell it's a firearm then your not doing it right.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is another one of those issues that will go unanswered untill some unlucky soul becomes a test case. Yes most people will think that you are only carrying a cell phone or maybe a large folding knife or plyers. But I worry about the person that guesses right and yells gun! They might only be guessing but in my case they will find a gun.

Michael

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another one of those issues that will go unanswered untill some unlucky soul becomes a test case. Yes most people will think that you are only carrying a cell phone or maybe a large folding knife or plyers. But I worry about the person that guesses right and yells gun! They might only be guessing but in my case they will find a gun.

Michael

To take that issue a bit further, I've wondered about the person who happens to know that you frequently carry and then they get mad at you and want to dick you over so they just yell gun even when they don't see anything, yet claim that they did. How could you ever prove that it didn't "print"??? What are the legal ramifications of that situation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom