Concealed VS Printing - Is there an issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To take that issue a bit further, I've wondered about the person who happens to know that you frequently carry and then they get mad at you and want to dick you over so they just yell gun even when they don't see anything, yet claim that they did. How could you ever prove that it didn't "print"??? What are the legal ramifications of that situation?

There will be none. you will just be told to do a better job of concealing it. If it is obvious that you are concealing to the officer, then they will just ask you to be more careful. It is not like you are brandishing.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There will be none. you will just be told to do a better job of concealing it. If it is obvious that you are concealing to the officer, then they will just ask you to be more careful. It is not like you are brandishing.

Thanks for the info. I suppose it would be the same for me if I did actually "print" and someone saw it? Try to be more careful next time.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I see people carrying, I try to determine what type of pistol it is. If I can identify that you have a Glock or an M&P than you have passed into the "detection" realm. If you just have a bulge under your shirt it could be a cell phone, PDA, or even a colostomy bag! Most of the people I spot carrying give themselves away by constantly patting, moving, and readjusting the pistol. Put it on and leave it alone.
As for crocs, fanny packs, and hawaiian shirts, only folks who are into guns will think guns, everyone else will not even notice.

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where your coming from, for instance: a wallet holster will have a bulge, but won't "print" a gun from the outside. I don't believe a bulge is a bad thing, but i do believe that if someone can readily tell it's a firearm then your not doing it right.

Be careful about wallet holsters as the ATF has declared the one where the gun can be fired while in the holster an AOW.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful about wallet holsters as the ATF has declared the one where the gun can be fired while in the holster an AOW.
not quite.

If the gun doesn't outwardly resemble a gun anymore, it's an AOW
ie:
[Broken External Image]

this should be fine, assuming that the backstrap is exposed:
[Broken External Image]

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a perfect world.

Michael

I made my comment from first hand experience. Was at the mall and bent down to help one of my kids and was printing horribly. Some one noticed and informed a Oklahoma county sheriff. He approach me and I informed him I had a license to carry and was. He asked to see my license and then proceeded to tell me why he approached me and told me to be a little more careful. If your not doing anything wrong, why would it play out any different. I am there with my family, it is concealed, and I am not starting trouble. Besides, I know FBI and other LEO that carry of duty. You telling me that if they are seen printing that the s##t will hit the fan. Any officer that is informed of a person carrying is not gonna bum rush you and tackle you to the ground, unless you are doing something to deserve this response.

I think it will also be very rare that someone would report printing or even if your shirt rode up and part of the weapon was exposed momentarily. Most I would think might assume you are LEO of duty. Unless you give them reason to think otherwise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom