Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the girls that helps with Sweetie brought over a blackberry cobbler yesterday. It was delicious, and didn't make it throught the night... :D

This evening, the other girl (that broke her foot a while back) brought beef & cheese enchiladas and "chicken something" (sorry, I wasn't familiar with the name, but it's a Mexican chicken & rice dish). I had half of each for supper with Tostitos corn chips, and both were really good.

And there's the same amount left for tomorrow... :naughty:
:drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
One of the girls that helps with Sweetie brought over a blackberry cobbler yesterday. It was delicious, and didn't make it throught the night... :D

This evening, the other girl (that broke her foot a while back) brought beef & cheese enchiladas and "chicken something" (sorry, I wasn't familiar with the name, but it's a Mexican chicken & rice dish). I had half of each for supper with Tostitos corn chips, and both were really good.

And there's the same amount left for tomorrow... :naughty:
:drunk2:
That is awesome Mac

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't posted anything in a while....

Trying something different with this loaf of bread --- I added just a touch of LJS Malt Vinegar to the dough to see if I could get a sourdough-like flavor without using a 'sponge' (sourdough starter). Smells about right. Also, yeast really likes the acidity of the vinegar. I cut the recipe to 3/4 and the final product still rose to the height of a full recipe. Now just waiting for it to cool a bit!!

IMG_2030.JPG

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bacon- Food of the Gods. It does me absolutely no good to cook it to accompany a meal. Whatever I cook it with, the bacon part never makes it to the plate.

For instance, if I cook myself Bacon and Eggs for breakfast, I usually sit down at the table with a plate of eggs. HA
I usually cook extra bacon so I can snack on some while eggs cook and then I still have some on my plate of eggs LOL

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bacon- Food of the Gods. It does me absolutely no good to cook it to accompany a meal. Whatever I cook it with, the bacon part never makes it to the plate.

For instance, if I cook myself Bacon and Eggs for breakfast, I usually sit down at the table with a plate of eggs. HA

Especially with this thick stuff. I did keep a few pieces last week and put it my ham n beans. My God that was good.
20210213_185330.jpg

Last edited:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pit Smoked Bacon. Man, that's sexier than the Gun Bunny thread right der.

STOP, I got a fresh 10lb box of Covered Wagon the other day yur making me want to crack open and gain 10 pounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom