Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not much for posting lots of food stuff but yall....Holy smokes. Local grocery store posted they now sell local bison meat and had steaks. I've always heard bison meat is like 1-2 levels more tender than beef for the same cut, and way less fat.
I went and grabbed some ribeyes...and dang. Tender like a filet!

20230211_183335.jpg

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo
'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o
Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

Venison Sauce Piquante on a bed of Basmati. OMG I got this one just about perfect. Can't stop eating it. First you make a Roux............

View attachment 347850
I use crawfish to catch real food.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some fajita skillets a couple of years ago, and finally got around to using them yesterday. Flank steak or skirt steak work the best for fajitas, but I couldn't find this, so I used a serloin tip. looked up a marinate recipe, marinated them over night! These turned out much better than we expected, for a first attempt!

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! The hominy sounds great! I didn't want to fry the relleno so found one that finished in the oven. I almost tried another recipe that had roasted corn in the filling but my wife has an allergy/sensitivity to corn. If you like hominy, I make a green chile posole that's outstanding(at least we like it)!
Hominy is corn?

Latest posts

Top Bottom