Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried smoking Beef Short Ribs yesterday for the first time. This is my new favorite BBQ...
Covered with olive oil then as much Hasty Bake Rub as they would hold.
Smoked with lump charcoal and cherry wood for about 5 hours to an IT of 200-205.
20170212_183543_resized.jpg

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha Ha, what doesn't?
OK, brings up something that was not my idea. I mostly smoke/grill outside anymore, Wifey rules the kitchen. We had to have a truce when she came here because we were in each others business all the time with me in the kitchen and her messing with my smoking/grilling, but I want to share something of hers that we like very well since we are talking about cornbread.

Myself, I always like the corners, and prefer it a little thin and well done for the crispy parts, rest falls apart as you are eating it and a little blah. Wifey has come up with an easy solution.

Mix you favorite cornbread batter, then pour it in a waffle maker like making a regular waffle. For us, we will never go back to the oven for cornbread. Yep, tear up and fold your cornbread to eat.

Sometimes weird works for me.

That's a phenomenal idea!

Oh man, this was great. I like the corners and crispy cornbread too, and the waffle iron idea came out excellent.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont have a waffle iron but we regularly cook it in a skillet/griddle like pancakes. Use butter instead of oil and no need to butter it after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom