Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chilli n Mexican cornbread for the Superbowl. @RickN this is how ya do chilli lol
IMG_20200202_173749760.jpg
IMG_20200202_172802409.jpg
IMG_20200202_172757077.jpg

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@blake711

The only thing I’ve ever used for long smokes was the Weber briquettes.

But I have used just about everything else when I did ribs the hot-n-fast method.

For low & slow just use more charcoal than you think you need in the snake until you get a feel for it. Maybe a 3x2 snake. Great thing about the snake is that when you’re done, you can easily save the under charcoal.

Got about 10 hours off my 2x1 stack 3/4 circle today. Finished pig in oven. 11.5 hours and now resting in the cooler.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Oobedoob Benubi

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jmike314, and anyone else that may be interested. if you need to hurry the stall, foil wrap your meat as soon as it hits the start of it and it will push through a lot quicker. Most all the wood smoke taste will be absorbed by about 140' so that is not a big factor.

Then you can decide to unwrap as it gets past the stall to keep a crusty bark or leave it in the foil to cook quicker the rest of the way or to intentionally keep it soft. Just my experiences from what I have learned and used off www.smokingmeatforums.com A world wide smoking site based in Pratville OK. just west of Tulsa by an Okie with more information than the average backyard smoker can absorb if you really dig into the how to's and the chemistry of why's.

Remember, you can usually eat your mistakes, but worst case you can feed it to your dogs and try again. Ha Ha My dogs keep hoping. They always expect at least a taste, and they do get some. haha

To me, smoking the day before and serving as left-overs is a lot less stress and just as good warmed up in the oven or a crock pot. Good luck to you next time also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom