Cordless phone ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the pictured AT&T mdl. EL51209 cordless phone so many years (and yes I still use a landline) I can't even recall when I bought it but it's getting to where it doesn't fully charge the battery in one handset and as opposed to trying to locate a new battery for a discontinued phone I'm just going to go ahead and replace it.......I would like to go with three handsets this time around.

I haven't gone over and looked yet but I'd imagine that Walmart probably carries more different brand names than you can shake a stick at......don't need some super dooper option loaded phone or answering machine just something to make and receive calls and a way to check incoming missed calls when we're out.

Is there one particular make and model better than the others or just go and grab the first one I see that has three handsets ?

at&t cordless.jpg

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have AT&T wireless home phones and use VTech phones I bought at Walmart. I have changed the batteries a few times in the probably ten years I have owned them.

Have two phones and two charging bases and they were probably around $20-25 for the package when I got them.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I have to add is that ya can't buy two separate units and share one base.

We tried that several years ago. Either phone would work singly with the same base, but the handset frequencies were different. The base adjusted its frequency to match whichever handset was on it.

From the "FWIW" department...
:drunk2:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know you could still buy those.

I haven't had a landline in about a dozen years so I kinda forgot about them I guess.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last few cordless phone sets we've bought have been Panosonic, and we've been happy with them. Specific model depends on what features you want. Our current one has the base plus three satellite phones, and I think we could add more if we bought them separately (not sure). You can probably get about as many sat satellite phones as you want, or just the main one.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will find that Wal-Mart only has several options in store. I went looking about a month ago for a plain old land line so it would be there for 911 if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom