Corn Prices and Alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it still be on the cob? Yep - kinda ignorant on farming. :)
no it would be grain with a few little fragments of cob and some dust. you get all of the kernels small and large. the protein etc untested etc. be careful of micotoxin levels in any untested corn not labeled for feed.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes off the combine and later out of bin. I usually pay somewhere near what the farmers get paid at the mill but they don’t have to haul. Most will not mess with selling a few hundred pounds. I have two 4 ton trailers and two 1 ton trailers. The 4 ton are too heavy to pull around to feeders. 1 tons can be pulled by a ITV as I designed them to keep tongue weight low

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes off the combine and later out of bin. I usually pay somewhere near what the farmers get paid at the mill but they don’t have to haul. Most will not mess with selling a few hundred pounds. I have two 4 ton trailers and two 1 ton trailers. The 4 ton are too heavy to pull around to feeders. 1 tons can be pulled by a ITV as I designed them to keep tongue weight low
You must have a bunch of feeders and have them set with a long run times, because I feed year around with 5 feeders and probably don’t feed 2 tons a year.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably feed about 50 # per week per feeder. Probably have 20 total but don’t run all of them year round. Guessing about 7 run year round . I normally buy 4 trailer loads a year (4 ton).

We hunt hogs primarily since only the heat slows us down not seasons

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably feed about 50 # per week per feeder. Probably have 20 total but don’t run all of them year round. Guessing about 7 run year round . I normally buy 4 trailer loads a year (4 ton).

We hunt hogs primarily since only the heat slows us down not seasons
Are you saying you sell hunts and offer guided hog hunts?

Latest posts

Top Bottom