Cost of food in the US vs Russia, is he lying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We live in the greatest country in the world but it is declining rapidly right under our noses. Food prices are much higher as is the cost of producing it. We all are dependent on timely delivery of products to the store. Just look what happens when we have a couple of days of bad weather. Bare shelves and God forbid the power goes out too. I'm sure times were hard back in the depression and other periods in history but I wonder what lies ahead for us. Maybe just unfounded gloom and pessimism. I believe Tucker is reporting honestly and we are being lied to daily by our own government .

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope not lying

Prices vary by location and economy.

Milk, gas, homes, etc are NOT the price in Kommiefornia, People Republic of New York, and Oklahoma. Prices aren't the same in Tulsa, OKC, and Madill. Why wouldn't they differ with Russia, Guam or South Africa?

I'm more concerned with NY AG and corrupt Judge fining Trump over a STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICE in which a loan made, repaid, no one lost money or had any complaint.
Will this be applied to ALL loans from now on? How many businesses will fail? How many "too big to fail" will get a goobermint bailout and force taxpayers to repay?

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always more shocked it doesn't get donated to people in need. But I guess I'm just a bleeding heart that hates wasting resources. But if they gave away all those "best by" and other "expired" food, it wouldn't contribute to their margins
I have wondered the same thing. I saw a vending machine salesman throwing away a ton of stuff from the machine because it didn't sell from one cycle to the next. When I asked him why they didn't donate the stuff to a homeless shelter or something, he said the owners were afraid they would be sued if someone got sick. He had no idea that Oklahoma, like most states has a Good Samaritan statute that absolves the donor from liability on donated items.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have wondered the same thing. I saw a vending machine salesman throwing away a ton of stuff from the machine because it didn't sell from one cycle to the next. When I asked him why they didn't donate the stuff to a homeless shelter or something, he said the owners were afraid they would be sued if someone got sick. He had no idea that Oklahoma, like most states has a Good Samaritan statute that absolves the donor from liability on donated items.
I know multiple businesses that not only take their expired food (including beef jerky of all dumb crap to call expired) and not only throw it away but lock the trashcans. Kind makes me want to buy a pair of bolt cutters and go all chaotic good.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

How much money does an average Russian make? - Russia …

The gynecologist topped the list with a salary from 500,000 rubles ($7,760), followed by the brand director job (420-600,000 rubles or $6,518-9,312) and the head of a service center (300-350,000 rubles or $4,656-5,432). The top five also included a senior accountant vacancy with 250-400,000-rubles ($3,880-6,208) salary range and senior SAP HCM consultant with 205,000-rubles ($3,181) starting salary.

Do you think such salaries are common in Russia? Not at all. The country’s average in March 2019 was just 46,324 rubles ($718) with Moscow (95,179 rubles or $1,477), Yamalo-Nenetsky Autonomous Region (96,391 rubles or $1,496) and Chukotka Autonomous Region (100,392 rubles or $1,558) standing out as regions with the highest averages. Traditionally, the highest earning regions are those in the country’s North and Far East followed by Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Cost of Living in Russia - 2024 prices. - Expatistan

Food prices​

EditRange
Milk (regular), (1 gallon)3.53 $2.88-4.53
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (1 lb)0.55 $0.39-0.99
Rice (white), (1 lb)0.59 $0.39-0.89
Eggs (regular) (12)1.57 $1.04-1.96
Local Cheese (1 lb)4.16 $2.47-7.84
Chicken Fillets (1 lb)2.00 $1.23-2.63
Beef Round (1 lb) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat)3.89 $2.47-5.92
Apples (1 lb)0.59 $0.35-0.89
Banana (1 lb)0.60 $0.39-0.84
Oranges (1 lb)0.80 $0.39-1.23
Tomato (1 lb)1.16 $0.39-1.92
Potato (1 lb)0.22 $0.10-0.38
Onion (1 lb)0.21 $0.12-0.35
Lettuce (1 head)1.10 $0.54-1.63

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the lower expectations of salary one would expect lower pricing. Now, are those salaries pre or post federal tax. I believe they are post. So double the amounts and those would be the salaries to compare against in the US. In most countries the stated salaries are post federal tax and the people have no idea how much is really being taken out before their receipt.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair I think it's crap that nearly all industries are going "Oh no! Inflation! I must raise prices!!!" and then their shareholder calls are sayings that they are breaking profit records and they hope they can keep riding the gravy train. But the self-regulation of dating in the food industry has always irked me because it does lead to lots of waste. Less waste means less land, time, effort and resources go into feeding such ingrates. Are you just in a sour mood tonight? That seems like a fairly straight forward thing.
I’m just responding to your routine anti capitalist sentiment with what it deserves, sarcasm. Feel free to switch things up if you want a different outcome.

We have a LOT of problems in this country and “Big Food” doesn’t even crack the top 10. Feel free to become a dumpster diver if that floats your boat. Maybe van life would suit you too? :anyone:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m just responding to your routine anti capitalist sentiment with what it deserves, sarcasm. Feel free to switch things up if you want a different outcome.

We have a LOT of problems in this country and “Big Food” doesn’t even crack the top 10. Feel free to become a dumpster diver if that floats your boat. Maybe van life would suit you too? :anyone:
You know what really helps with problems in America? Such sarcasm and cynicism.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what really helps with problems in America? Such sarcasm and cynicism.
966e1156a35a2bc1d0b4d09fbc296a08.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair I think it's crap that nearly all industries are going "Oh no! Inflation! I must raise prices!!!" and then their shareholder calls are sayings that they are breaking profit records and they hope they can keep riding the gravy train. But the self-regulation of dating in the food industry has always irked me because it does lead to lots of waste. Less waste means less land, time, effort and resources go into feeding such ingrates. Are you just in a sour mood tonight? That seems like a fairly straight forward thing.
It's obvious you know nothing about the food chain, the farmers, nor the fleecing the farmers take from the middle men, price of fertilizer, price of fuel to plant and harvest that food you casually put in your mouth and speculate on the food industry when you don't know squat.
Slightly more than 1% of the population feeds this entire country, and it's shrinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom