Cost of food in the US vs Russia, is he lying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's obvious you know nothing about the food chain, the farmers, nor the fleecing the farmers take from the middle men, price of fertilizer, price of fuel to plant and harvest that food you casually put in your mouth and speculate on the food industry when you don't know squat.
Slightly more than 1% of the population feeds this entire country, and it's shrinking.
Well Mr Budhamman, what is your history in the farming industry? Something appears to have made you chuckle.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's obvious you know nothing about the food chain, the farmers, nor the fleecing the farmers take from the middle men, price of fertilizer, price of fuel to plant and harvest that food you casually put in your mouth and speculate on the food industry when you don't know squat.
Slightly more than 1% of the population feeds this entire country, and it's shrinking.

Well Mr Budhamman, what is your history in the farming industry? Something appears to have made you chuckle.

It's probably just that you're funny when you use such language that you know everything and no one else does.

As usual, I won't debate credentials, but my dude, it's not hard --- if you are going to blame inflation for the cost of the product going up, then one would casually expect profits to be flat. That's not the case here. That's not even a question of farming --- that's basically every industry right now crying "inflation! Inflation! Woe to us!" and then their CEO's hop on their earnings calls saying they are making money hand over fist.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
966e1156a35a2bc1d0b4d09fbc296a08.jpg
Interesting choice of meme to claim to be so calm --- using the character in the movie that decided to have a public gun wielding freakout when Smokey's toe allegedly slipped over the line.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think what a lot of people are missing with the price of these groceries in Russia is that there is a big difference in the conversion rate between the US dollar and the ruble. Maybe as not as much as there use to be.

Back in the 90s it could’ve been as great 10 to 1 if not more. My memory isn’t great but I’d say the average Russian was maybe making $500 a month if not less.

In the 80s over in Istanbul, the average soldier was making maybe $50

No different than down in Mexico. The average person making $10 a day right now.

The difference in wages isn’t that these people are totally impoverished. That’s just how much our money is inflated compared to theirs.

The average Russian makes about 14,000 a year which comes out to 1,240,000 ruples.

Minimum wage a month is 16,262 roles a month or $194 US.

I think the main point that Tucker is trying to show is that sanctions on Russia isn’t having the effects that the government wants or that the propaganda media is implying. Anyways, I’m about to post a link that explains the difference in wages between the US and Russia.

https://www.timedoctor.com/blog/average-salary-in-russia/

Last edited:

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree to a point, but the price of the food is the price of the food. That has nothing to do with what a Russian or American make.
What??? If it cost less for employee salaries, rent and electric, it most certainly has a bearing on the price of food. Minimum wages around $15 and going up. You will not only pay more for everything, but your taxes go up with salary. It’s just another tax gimmick from the government. Wages go up, s.s and taxes go up. The government loves it. But to fight that, companies go to automate. Less employees (higher unemployment) = less tax for gov. Employers don’t have to pay workers comp, match s.s, taxes on machines, no days off, no sick and yada, yada. Add that to millions of immigrants not only not working and paying taxes, but we pay them with our taxes. WERE WORKING FOR THEM. I believe we’re headed for big trouble coming this year. Better stock up now….. JMO… be well

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always more shocked it doesn't get donated to people in need. But I guess I'm just a bleeding heart that hates wasting resources. But if they gave away all those "best by" and other "expired" food, it wouldn't contribute to their margins

I've spent some time at the Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma here in Tulsa, I think you'd be surprised how much is actually donated. They process/give away an insane amount of food, mostly through corporate donations. It's pretty much a sams wharehouse full of donated food. Now not every community has a food bank like this but it's a template of what can be done.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've spent some time at the Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma here in Tulsa, I think you'd be surprised how much is actually donated. They process/give away an insane amount of food, mostly through corporate donations. It's pretty much a sams wharehouse full of donated food. Now not every community has a food bank like this but it's a template of what can be done.
I've done the same...giant facility for sure. But it's also serving a large population with a fast turnover. I'd be happy if there were two facilities needed due to the amount in stock. I mean, really I'd be happy if there was no need for their existence but that's a different hope I suppose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom