Cost of food in the US vs Russia, is he lying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not disagreeing. I think it's a mistake that there's little consumer education around dates and what they mean, and also a mistake the the FDA has allowed the industry to "self regulate". That self regulation has led to the situation we're in where people don't understand these concepts, and it helps them because the more people throw away viable product the more they buy replacement product to keep money flowing.
Absolutely it's a mistake to throw out the food by the government that the post office does during their food drive. The government is not here to help in this situation. Ignorance of the facts is not a help to the poor and needy.
Another example of the government needing to educate themselves with their own rules/regulations when making an internet moment to make themselves look good by throwing out "spoiled" and outdated food that is one day out of date.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad had some canned stewed tomatoes in his pantry. I don't know how far past the date they were but one decided it wanted to be open in a hurry by itself. 🤣

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not disagreeing. I think it's a mistake that there's little consumer education around dates and what they mean, and also a mistake the the FDA has allowed the industry to "self regulate". That self regulation has led to the situation we're in where people don't understand these concepts, and it helps them because the more people throw away viable product the more they buy replacement product to keep money flowing.
Damn that Big Food industry! Who do they think they are feeding a nation full of ingrates? Everyone should have to produce their own food so we can keep greedy Big Food from fleecing us all! :rolleyes2

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn that Big Food industry! Who do they think they are feeding a nation full of ingrates? Everyone should have to produce their own food so we can keep greedy Big Food from fleecing us all! :rolleyes2
To be fair I think it's crap that nearly all industries are going "Oh no! Inflation! I must raise prices!!!" and then their shareholder calls are sayings that they are breaking profit records and they hope they can keep riding the gravy train. But the self-regulation of dating in the food industry has always irked me because it does lead to lots of waste. Less waste means less land, time, effort and resources go into feeding such ingrates. Are you just in a sour mood tonight? That seems like a fairly straight forward thing.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is more expensive the less money you have, their resources are pivoting towards survival and that takes more than being a good comrade.

It is cheap to a reporter drawing Per Diem and an expense account. Let me go over there and report back whatever it takes to rile up some great Americans for a free meal that was so expensive it probably was made with Wagyu Soy Sauce.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the heck is it so hard to believe that the price of groceries in russia is so inexpensive and ours is so high? Why is it difficult to see that their standard of living may be higher? You are thinking in terms taught in the 50's and 60's. Much has changed:

1) russia is more capitalistic today
2) russia has low taxes
3) russia produces basic materials the world needs, oil, natural gas, precious metals
4) the war in ukraine is great for their economy, the price of oil and natural gas has gone up substantially
5) russia is in deep with gold and a gold standard currency.

I am not pro russia or putin, but our gov't and banking "leaders" are power hungry incompetant morons, that's why we're suffering.

"They" want you to believe russia's economy is doing badly, so that you believe victory in ukraine is just around the corner and they can continue this moronic war and give billions to ukraine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom