Cox Wifi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went to AT&T Fibre and got the 300Mb plan and it's $55 a month. No data limits. So far it's solid.

When I had 150Mb tier Cox I had to watch how much data I was using. My kid and then wife were oblivious and they were good about running it over if I wasn't careful, which isn't hard to do with streaming HDTV on multiple TVs. They've since raised the limit on all their plans and it's pretty generous but if you do happen to go over it's expensive. Something to consider...
ATT charges $59.99 here for 25mb.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if OEC Fiber is available at your address? I pay $85/mth dns get 1gb up/down speeds. I'm on the south side of Norman and have had it for about a year now. Best choice ever.
I checked, they don’t service my area yet, but hopefully they will soon. Thanks for the info. I think they’re going to be my best hope.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 100Mbps fiber from OEC to my house, and the security cameras are doing fine on it.
Yeah, I did a diagnostic on mine at 100mbps, but my security system said it wasn’t enough. I went to a gig month to month, but the Cox Gateway doesn’t want to play nice with the security system. I decided yesterday I’m getting rid of the security system. Then I can decrease to 100mbps. I’ll just have to come up with different security measures.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked, they don’t service my area yet, but hopefully they will soon. Thanks for the info. I think they’re going to be my best hope.
That sucks. But I can relate. The addition across the street from mine had OEC for about a year or two before I was able to get it. Less than a block away. Just standing there, teasing me like a 2 dollar hooker.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If things-the economy gets too rough, I might just cancel Cox internet and use the cell phone data to check the bank account. I don't need to stay on the computer as long as I do, it causes consternaiton for the wife.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good price. I think where Cox is starting to get people is by charging $49.99 for unlimited data.

Screenshot 2023-02-12 120515.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-12 120428.jpg

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my wife does in her free time is stream YouTube and all I do is read stuff on the internet. I almost never watch tv and when I do it’s antenna tv and I’ll watch some football or local news. As part of the $185 deal, they gave me the gig of internet and 100 and some channels of cox tv. Although I don’t watch tv much, I want to get a “picture tv”. One of those tv’s that looks like a picture frame. So when you’re not watching it, it’ll display art. Anyway, that’s my new idea. Since I moved back to Oklahoma I’m pretty much starting back over from scratch, but I’m having a good time. Oh P.S. The new Dept of Public Safety (drivers license place sucks)! Spent 2 1/2 hours waiting in 31 degree weather to get in. That’s crazy! Never had to do that before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom