Coyotes on the fence?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old timers claimed it would keep coyotes away to see their kind hanging from a fence...

The good thing about old timers is that they can pass along a wealth of wisdom to the next generation.

The bad thing about old timers is that they can pass along a wealth of BS to the next generation.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit. I'm not fond of the idea of letting a pack of dogs tear another dog up. Hell you can get that close to them with a truck, just shoot them with a shotgun and be done with it.

Dunno about you but I would much rather be rolled with some #2's than be torn limb from limb.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no doubt. I'm no friend of coyotes. Death in nature is cruel. Fortunately man has enough rationale and sense to minimize suffering in death.

Mixed emotions about this one. I would personally rather just shoot the coyote.
A lot of the reason for not shooting them is in fear of hitting a good hunting dog

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit. I'm not fond of the idea of letting a pack of dogs tear another dog up. Hell you can get that close to them with a truck, just shoot them with a shotgun and be done with it.

Dunno about you but I would much rather be rolled with some #2's than be torn limb from limb.

It’s not for me either. I️ much prefer the decoy dog method where yotes are drawn into gun range by a trained decoy dog-usually a cur or blue lacy from the videos I’ve seen.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of the reason for not shooting them is in fear of hitting a good hunting dog

Simply eliminate the dogs and just run them down in the truck and shoot them. That's what I mean. You saw how close they were getting. It's done that way all the time here in NE and IA. I'm sure it happens everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom