@)*$)(*@ Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my buddy that run the North Canadian coyote contest will come out anytime and shoot all we can, we would even like to take you out as well with us. Just let us know and we will be there. 405-409-0651

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a coyote last Sunday eve. Last Saturday eve I was in my stand, not much happening, nature was beginning to dial my number, so I decide to get down about 30 minutes early and go home. I get down, and end up walking to the edge of the creek instead of away from it, and right there on the other side sits a coyote about 40 yds. and a doe about 80 or 90 yds. The 'yote was looking right at her. She took off, i'm not sure if it was me or the 'yote between us that made her take off, but I went ahead and drew back and let one fly, arrow went right over the coyotes head about 4 inches. I'm not used to shooting anything that far away and overcompensated. I almost had a chance to shoot at it again by making squeeking noises with my mouth. Anyhow, I lost my arrow, went back the next day with a metal detector even and still couldn't find it, so I decided to set up the rabbit decoy and turn on the caller. Within 7 minutes, my .223 sent one coyote to the back of my pickup, but not the one I shot at the day before, this one wasn't as big and a bit lighter in color. Still can't find my arrow.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of them dead on the road lately. A week ago I went to OKC and counted 6 between here and there. That seems like more than I have ever seen dead on the road.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have plans to thin them out around our area. I believe that is part of the reason we are seeing fewer small deer. We have a large bobcat on camera that we estimate to be around 40 to 45 lbs. I seen it last year but was unable to get a shot on it. We have a guy going to help us trap after deer season this year.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran into this when I was a kid. Sheriff came over and said if they are harassing you or your livestock you could kill them. When we asked what qualified as harassment he said if they bark while they're on your property. Not sure what the law is specifically but I kill every stray dog that runs out in front of me.

I certainly do not think this is sound advice for when to shoot a dog that comes on to your property. Granted all responsible dog owners should keep their animals safe and not cause any problems for their neighbors. But just because a dog is on your property and "barks", is no reason to kill it. Don't be an a-hole and shoot someone's dog for no reason other than seeing it on your property. That's a good way to find yourself with a bullet hole in the back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom