Cruel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, my analogies are buckets full of fail.

it's like a bucket full of little cut-outs of the word 'fail' in it.- a whole bucket worth.

damn it, why must I be this way.

SoonerBorn, thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I was totally wrong in my statements and retract them all in favor of your opinions.

Is that better?

I think it was Melvin Eudal's character in "As good as it gets" that said "People that talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch" - do you talk in metaphors? cause the rest of that statement fits my sentiments towards you.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, my analogies are buckets full of fail. it's like a bucket full of little cut-outs of the word 'fail' in it.- a whole bucket worth. damn it, why must I be this way. SoonerBorn, thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I was totally wrong in my statements and retract them all in favor of your opinions. Is that better? I think it was Melvin Eudal's character in "As good as it gets" that said "People that talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch" - do you talk in metaphors? cause the rest of that statement fits my sentiments towards you.

So, you can't actually bust a nut and he does spoon with your old lady. Got it. Thanks.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hair on my German Shepherd was too thick for the shock collar to work properly. We were told to shave the area where the metal would touch his skin, we opted not to do that, and we were stuck with the collar (pricey!). With the remote feature, we more than got our money's worth out of it by strapping it on our 8 year old, and giving his 5 year old brother control. Got some great home videos, sent them in to AFV - the ungrateful bastards called DHS on us. I still think we'd have won that 100,000 bucks....

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep. sure. okay.

my dog spoons with my wife..

next?

kjqeeafj.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hair on my German Shepherd was too thick for the shock collar to work properly. We were told to shave the area where the metal would touch his skin, we opted not to do that, and we were stuck with the collar (pricey!). With the remote feature, we more than got our money's worth out of it by strapping it on our 8 year old, and giving his 5 year old brother control. Got some great home videos, sent them in to AFV - the ungrateful bastards called DHS on us. I still think we'd have won that 100,000 bucks....

Well, that sucked.

I know when I'm feeling randy, and the Mrs. Mentions she has a headache, all I have to do is reach for the collar......
Great problem solver.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you here. My neighbor has a cat that randomly attacks my neighbor's family and me whenever I am over. We were having dinner one night and I was talking to her husband at the table and all of a sudden I see him arch his back and cry out and I looked and the cat had, for no apparent reason, stuck all of her claws on one paw in the middle of his back, like she was stabbing him.

I'm not a fan of declawing, but for some cats, I think it's necessary for everyone to get along.

time to bait a trap and haul a cat to the local pound if it is an outdoor cat too. I have caught probably 10 in my neighborhood that crap in my flower beds, climb on my nice clean truck and leave paw prints and scratch marks on the bed cover, and they try to catch my chimney sweep birds that nest on our lot every year. The leash laws in every city I am aware of apply to cats just like dogs. Some owners don't like to hear that. When I tell them Ill catch the cat and take it to the pound they cry foul in disbelief. Moral of the story we are all responsible for our animals, that includes barking, crapping in flower beds, running loose, climbing on cars and trucks, biting people, etc.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be wrong but behavior is behavior and it can all be modified.

We have a 3YO mastiff mix who lived her first two years in a fenced back yard in a subdivision. Then we moved out to the country on 5 acres with NO fences, and elderly neighbors. She's the sweetest dog you could imagine but we never got her broken of jumping up on strangers. Well combine an unfenced yard and an 80# dog, add in an elderly person, stir vigorously and you get a guy who goes and buys a training collar.

Dog goes outside, collar goes on, dog stays in yard even when the neighbor does his morning walk right past the house. Took her about three LIGHT shocks to figure out the pattern. Dog comes in, collar comes off. Problem solved.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've also seen dogs that were not trained right with a collar and they ruined a potentially good dog.

This x1000

Bark collars are no problem at all. The remote control units can give the human a whole lot of power to mess things up. I'm not against them just be careful. I’ve seen remote control units used in anger first hand, the dog becomes psyco since it doesn’t know what the hell to do. Kind of like a recruit at MCRD on day 1.

I have a radio fence collar system so NO, I’m not one of those folks who is anti negative reinforcement. What is really cruel is to not train them at all, then they are a complete POS dog. My lab figured out the rules in about an hour and now he has lots of turf he can call his own.

Working dogs take a lot of work. If they don’t you are ripping your friend off bigtime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom