Dave's Gunshow details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as attracting established dealers, I am going to work on that. I cannot afford to give away free tables. Here are a couple ideas (not all mine) I can link all the businesses that sign up on facebook and my website. I would also encourage any commercial vendors to have a "show special" that we can promote before and during the show.

I think that the key to getting quality dealers to setup is to talk frankly with them about what your intent is and how you plan to drive paying customers their way. That's the bottom line for them. From a vendors perspective, I think most dealers wouldn't care if it's a Wannenmacher show or some new 100 table show in the VFW hall as long as they do well at the show.

For starters, you can tell them about the hoardes of willing customers on OSA who have all but written off gun shows because of bad experiences in paying too much at the door (or getting the 'new' price once they get there), finding out the show is 50% guns AFTER they've paid and are inside, etc... let them know how you're addressing those issues and specifically targeting people who normally wait until the Wannenmacher show or just don't even attend gun shows at all. Do just like you said and ask them for a chance to setup and see how it goes... trust me, there are a lot of dealers who will be happy to give it a shot and see how it goes. If they make good money and/or buy good guns, they'll be back.

OH... sometimes the little things like having a coffee pot, cups and donuts for the vendors in the mornings can go a long way too. Hell just being personable and nice to them can go a long way. Don't know if you've considered it or not, but finding a few high school kids who will be available to help vendors load in and out for a few bucks might be a good thing. Security is a big deal too so make sure you have a solid plan outlined for them.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Having met Superdave in the past, I know he will do the right thing in making this show a success. Everyone on this Forum should go out of their way to help dave make this a success. Since this his first gun show venue some forbearance should be extendend should there be any hiccups or missteps.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely promise coffee donuts, everyone loves fat pills and caffeine. If I can put together a successful show I will try to expand where I hold them

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am planning on attending. I don't have anything to sell, so I can't help you as a vendor but I'm looking forward to shopping.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a Facebook page created? If not, I would recommend putting one together, either for your business or for your shows.

If so, would you share the link here? I, like I'm sure many here, have countless shooting friends on Facebook. Me sharing Heartland Outdoor's first Full Auto shoot announcement on my wall was responsible for at least 2 people showing up that were otherwise unaware of the event. I know that would only put $12 in your pocket, but it just goes to show that free and simple advertising works.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey superdave!

I think you have a great chance of winning with this business venture.

Someone sure needs to offer a better alternative to what there is in OKC nearly every weekend.

I wish you much success!

I am so excited about your new gunshow, that I would be willing to help you out.

Just PM me and let me know if you could use a helping hand.

"OP"

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will plan to be there - my son will probably go also. His wife is a Norman native and she and their gremlin can go entertain her family while we go to the gun show. Might get a table; don't have a lot of guns to sell right now, but lots of related items such as sights, scope mounts, etc.

Cedar Creek

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair question Mitch. There is a bulletin board at the Piggly Wiggly, should work. Just kidding. I have a decent budget for print media. Shotgun news, newspaper, penny saver etc. Working on some radio, much closer to the event. Plus I have several guerilla marketing plans (legal). Those are best not discussed in an open forum. It will only take the big boys a short time to target a new promoter. Also I'm counting on all of my OSA brethren to show up with at least a dozen of their closest friends

Bring some flyers up to the shop and we'll post them up!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom