Dave's Gunshow details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the big thing that sets him apart at this time is that he is willing to do this not for the profitability of the venture, but to help the shooting community. Yes he may make a bit of money off of it, but he's not pricing the tables and admissions through the roof to try to maximize profit, either. This is a fun thing, and he may well put in tons of hours promoting it, and after the first one decide this isn't worth the hassle and time involved, since he's not making much off of it.

I think it's a great venture, a great experiment, and a great opportunity for us as a firearms collecting and shooting community to step up, pitch in and make things better, while showing the larger promoters what we WANT and what we DON'T want.

Dave, have you also considered extending the invitation to rent tables to the "survivalist/preparedness" community? I'm not saying you should, I'm suggesting it as an option - people who sell bulk dry goods, storage containers, etc. Many people in the gun community are also into that stuff, and it seems to "almost" go hand-in-hand to me. I would not mind seeing some of those things at a show, as opposed to beanie babies and flying toys.

Just a thought. If you don't want to go that route, I perfectly understand, as it's a tangential relationship to firearms at best.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get in touch with TK firearms here in tulsa they travel all over the state and they have a great selection, usually the'll end up buying out 3 or 4 islands on some of the smaller shows here in tulsa, I personally wouldn't mind paying $12 for a decent show. One that's got the majority of the tables dedicated to firearms, some beef jerky and t shirts are acceptable, after all a man has to eat and bring his sweet thing something home from the gunshow right ? I, being a tulsa-ite, have never traveled outside the metro area for a gunshow. HOWEVER..... outta protest I'll be making a trip down to the OKC metro area for this show. Depending on the inventory I've got at the time I might even set up a table.

LONG LONG TIME over due thanks S.D.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome input. I absolutely welcome survivalist/preparedness vendors. I believe tha they go hand in glove with the shooting hunting culture. If I sell a fair amount of tables early I have a line on a building a little more centrally located in okc. It is larger than the Fairgrounds in Norman. I am waiting to see what happens before scheduling the second one

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm excited! A gun show here in Norman at a reasonable price!?!?! My wife just complained about the lack of beanie babies and candles but I have a feeling she won't care once she gets to looking at guns!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not going to rent a table but so far that weekend is free and I am going to drive down from tulsa just to support this by paying the door charge for my wife and I. I have given up on anything in tulsa other than wanamachers. Good luck mang. As a side note will you be banning ccw at your show?

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the old saying, " a camel is a horse designed by committe" It surely doesn't apply here. I cannot believe the amount of well thought out advice I am getting. I very much appreciate it. It is true that I am doing this because I love gunshows and the whole gun culture. As a refugee from California, I may be a bit more enthusiastic than native Oklahomans in this regard. Its like I escaped to Gun heaven. Out there, the laws are so restrictive that all real shows have gone away. Many of you have been to my table at different shows saw my "rules" Rule number one is Gunshows Are Fun! Hopefully when my show is over most people will walk away having had a good time, talking to like minded folks, maybe got something they wanted, or made a few dollars.

As far as attracting established dealers, I am going to work on that. I cannot afford to give away free tables. Here are a couple ideas (not all mine) I can link all the businesses that sign up on facebook and my website. I would also encourage any commercial vendors to have a "show special" that we can promote before and during the show.

I know that it is a risk for a business to take a chance with their time and dollars on an un-proven promoter. All I ask, is give me chance. I will put in an honest effort to put on the show, spend everything I can to advertise the event, and try to make SuperDave's Gunshow worthy of people spending their hard earned dollars to attend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom