Deer vs garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm playing a radio at night to ward off the deer from my garden. Just figured the human voices and music would keep them away. Anyone ever heard of this? You think I'm wasting my time? It's cheaper than a fence that they jump over anyway...thx

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know but look forward to your report on how it is working. I have heard of people leaving a radio on in the woods and deer coming up to investigate. I have heard to pick up hair at the barbershop and leave it around to keep them out but that may be a wives tale.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had deer bed down neer my greenhouse with the lights on and radio playing. It may work for a while till they decide they like the tender plants better then what is available in the area. Deer love okra.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife finally gave up on the flower thing after putting out a nice buffet for the deer several years in a row. I personally thought it was funny as crap seeing everything eaten down to nothing the very next morning. At least until I realized how much she had paid for their midnight snack.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard about the flood light thing. hmmm, rotating fan huh, how bout a motion sensor fixture? I gotta try something fast, corn and squash breaking ground already.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost all of these will work, but, you have to rotate the methods. The become used to each after a few days when they realize its no danger to them.

The only way that works reliably day after day is to put your dog pen next to your garden. I have deer in my yard almost daily, but they don't go near the garden/dog pen area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom