delayed 5 days for buying a handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who said it can't be 5 days?I bought a SMLE Enfield a few weeks back &
watched them call in.

That was a Monday & it was sat day before I could pick it up.I can't tell
you how many guns I have bought in the past 40 years of my life,& never
once did I have to wait.

I think maybe it's this Obamas way to slow down gun shows & dealer sales?
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rubhands:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjimmy
My friend that runs a pawn shop said that people who have a security clearance get delayed alot.

That's true. Steve

I get delayed a lot, and had a pretty high security cleanance in the military, but its been a few years. Wonder if that has anything to do with it??

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My checks became almost instant after I got my security clearance (since has lapsed). Heck, I have an extremely common name and don't even put down my ssn.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not MORE info,it's the same they already have.Have you ever seen a VAF form? They simply attach that info to a PIN that can be accessed instantly.If getting delayed bothers him it is the ONLY way to correct it. Steve

BTW,BP,I hear Target is having a sale on tin foil. :lmfao:

Records and data developed in determining whether to issue a proceed or deny during an NICS check is destroyed after 24 hours, the VAF authorizes them to keep that information on file and add to it as they see fit, and it does not guarantee you will not be delayed... like I said I pay their salaries they can get off their keisters and earn their money by re gathering that information every time a FFL calls my name in. I find it comforting that every time I delay it means they have obeyed the law and purged their database.

Rather than assenting to an unconstitutional action I choose to speak out against it.

But hey Steve you look kinda like this guy...

[Broken External Image]

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Records and data developed in determining whether to issue a proceed or deny during an NICS check is destroyed after 24 hours, the VAF authorizes them to keep that information on file and add to it as they see fit, and it does not guarantee you will not be delayed... like I said I pay their salaries they can get off their keisters and earn their money by re gathering that information every time a FFL calls my name in. I find it comforting that every time I delay it means they have obeyed the law and purged their database.

Rather than assenting to an unconstitutional action I choose to speak out against it.

But hey Steve you look kinda like this guy...

[Broken External Image]

You're wrong but I'm not going to argue the point,I researched it thoroughly because I get delayed about 80% of the time.I decided that it was a minor inconvenience and chose not to send in the VAF form.Believe what you want about it and keep plenty of that tin foil on hand. Steve

I'm not sure who you're talking about in the pic but I'm neither black nor 100 so, as with so many things you're wrong,wagering worm.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're wrong but I'm not going to argue the point,I researched it thoroughly because I get delayed about 80% of the time.I decided that it was a minor inconvenience and chose not to send in the VAF form.Believe what you want about it and keep plenty of that tin foil on hand. Steve

I'm not sure who you're talking about in the pic but I'm neither black nor 100 so, as with so many things you're wrong,wagering worm.

I was actually implying you rousted octagenarians for a for a living....

As for research yes I read the information in the pamphlet and it outlines exactly what the VAF does which authorizes the NICS to keep information gathered during the course of the investigation on file rather than destroying it 24 hours after it has concluded.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you do but if you have a ccw license,and I think most on this thred do,they already have them on file. Steve

That's a nice thought but it just isn't how the system works. It doesn't matter how many times you have submitted them or for what reason, you will have to do it again when you submit the VAF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom