Digging your own water well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it would cost to install a manual pump in my existing well? I saw that on doomsday preppers someone had one. That would be a great thing to have in case my electricity is out.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would depend on the type of well you already have in place. The jet wells with the pump in the bottom are basically electric only, you could get some alternators and a bicycle and keep it somewhere that would prevent the circuitry from getting fried in the case of an EMP. . . along with a couple batteries and an inverter you would be able to rig something up to create ac and run the well.

Most manual pumps are going to require a metal shaft to run the length of the well to transmit the mechanical power to the bottom. This will generally involve something like this http://www.simplepump.com/OUR-PUMPS/Hand-Operated.html

HAND-WATER-PUMP.jpg

At the bottom of the well something like this will be installed and attached to the shaft that runs to the handle.

[Broken External Image]

It's doable but isn't something you would want to be trying to put together when it's needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom