Disney World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prepare to have fun! The crowds can be a bit much, but Disney are experts at the science of moving people; it's amazing.

Get the meal plan.

We went a couple years ago and got the meal plans which was well worth it. Eating at the parks is pricey, and eating at Epcot is just plain expensive. We ate at the Moroccan place and the bill for 5 was $500. Since we had the plan, it didn't cost a thing (beyond the plan, of course). We signed up for 3 meals a day per person and a snack; that was WAY too much food. Every meal at the fancier places is multi course, and plenty of it. If we go again, it'll just be breakfast and dinner.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Zap!!!

You are welcome!

If you get the plan, you have to basically set up reservations before you even get on the plane. Disney has an app that MAY allow you to change them "on the fly", but keep in mind there are what seems like 10 billion people trying to do the same thing.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disney over Spring Break? Pack lots of patience in your luggage. LOTS of it.

My family went to Disney the week after Thanksgiving, and it was great! They had the Christmas decorations up, and we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and caught the ferry boat across the lake to Disney. The crowds before noon were practically nonexistent - when we first passed through the gates, we made a beeline to the Haunted Mansion, then to Space Mountain, and at both places there was NO one else in line. It was wonderful, and the weather was quite pleasant.

Don't think you'll be breezing through the lines, though. Good luck and have fun!

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're willing to plan a bit and stick to the plan you can have a trip full of fun without a lot of time waiting in line. Visit this website and it should have all the info. https://touringplans.com. We used their plans both visits . It was phenomenal it tends to help you stay away from the crowds. We even had some rain happen one day , but because I've spent so much time studying it was easy to rearrange our plans to do stuff indoors and we didn't end up missing much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You'll be amazed and the organization, efficiency, and cleanliness of the place, you'll turn your nose at other theme parks afterwards lol. ALL of Ace_on_the_Turn's are spot on. We always go when it's hotter than blazes out. The crowd is minimal when you go to each part when it opens, leave about 11am for lunch, take a nap or swim. Then head back to a park at supper time until they close when it's cooler. There's many times when we don't ever even have to use a Fastpass.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been twice with the kiddos. I agree with the everyone on the efficiency and great service. Univesal was great for us because we love Star Wars & Indiana Jones. I was really impressed with Epcot. I spent most of one afternoon in the German Biergaten with several lovely beverages.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been twice with the kiddos. I agree with the everyone on the efficiency and great service. Univesal was great for us because we love Star Wars & Indiana Jones. I was really impressed with Epcot. I spent most of one afternoon in the German Biergaten with several lovely beverages.

Agreed, food at Epcot is good. Belly dancer at the Moroccan restaurant not bad either :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom