Do you listen to what your wife has to say??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:grumble:

OK, guys (and gals) ... I listen to GC when he has something to say about firearms. He has probably forgotten more about firearms and shooting that I will ever know. Compared to GC I am a complete dunce when it comes to firearms. I know this. I acknowledge this. I do not argue with him about this.

Compared to me, GC is a complete dunce when it comes to medical stuff. This is a fact. There is no denying it, there is no getting around it. God knows I love the man but he would rather DIE than listen to me about medication and first aid. He wants to pour alcohol on EVERYTHING! :nono1: He stores medications (both prescription and over the counter) in a hot car and thinks that is okay. :nono1: He tends to look at the directions for medications as "suggestions". :rolleyes2:nono1::grumble:

God help me, if the way he takes meds doesn't kill him, I'm gonna kill him ... :grumble:

We are having yet another discussion about keeping medications in a hot car for extended lengths of time and then taking them. He says
"It's no big deal ... I bet the guys on OSA would agree with me."

So ... tell me guys ... do you argue with your wife about things you KNOW she has more knowledge about than you?? I'm curious as to whether this is a "GUY thing", or just a "GC thing"? I honestly don't remember ever having another guy do this ... but then again, I never listened to what any other guy had to say ... :naughty: :D

Yes, this is mostly in jest ... ;) Kinda ... :rolleyes2 Cuz he really does just drive me NUTS sometimes! :grumble:

OK, we are off to Bad Brad's for dinner. Later guys!

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found that just nodding my head or the occasional "whatever you think honey" makes life much easier here. That's assuming that I'm listening to what she's saying!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We both have our areas of expertise and while we may not agree, the one who is the expert usually wins.

How many months have you been married? LOL

First rule: You are an expert at screwing things up

Second rule: She knows everything

Don't follow those rules you will be wackin off in the toolshed before you know what hit ya.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found that just nodding my head or the occasional "whatever you think honey" makes life much easier here. That's assuming that I'm listening to what she's saying!
This is what I use to do. Until recently I have started to listen to my wife. Cuz she sized up and now it is like

Her. Blah blah blah
Me. Yep unhuh
Her: are you listening to me.
Me: of course I am
Her: ok what did I just say.
Me:_________

So now I pay attention.

I still do what I want though. Good luck BB

Latest posts

Top Bottom