Do you listen to what your wife has to say??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been married for over 45 years, yes I do listen to her. I even do what she want the majority of time. Some times we discuss it in great detail and most of the time we reach a mutual understanding. Sometimes we just agree to disagree.

PS Tell GC to listen to you about the pills, you are correct.

+1 with 36 years.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, Badgeunny. I listen to what she has to say. Married her to get out of the barracks, but have grown to like her over the years.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering that my wife did 2 years of Vet school before switching interests and going into the clinical laboratory field as a microbiologist and now as a Hemo/Coag manager with a masters degree I would be stupid to ignore her, and not just om medically related subjects she knows a lot more about things than she lets on.

Happy wife, happy life.

Yes this is the proper attitude.

I hear what she says about 40% of the time (damn tinnitus). . .

This is a source of frustration for us both, I hated having to ask her to repeat herself 2 or 3 times, and when things were getting really bad last year she'd just blow me off if I didn't hear her the first time which of course would piss me off since I have bad hearing and my wife is very soft spoken.

Some of you guys on here have had really bad luck with women and relationships. Divorce didn't used to be the norm.

We have removed the "D" and "S" words from our vocabulary. Removing divorce and separation as acceptable resolutions was actually easy, there's been a huge shift in how we participate in each others lives. Till death do we part has to have meaning or why say it? My vows didn't say till death, inconvenience, or differences in opinion do we part. Just my .02

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We have removed the "D" and "S" words from our vocabulary. Removing divorce and separation as acceptable resolutions was actually easy, there's been a huge shift in how we participate in each others lives. Till death do we part has to have meaning or why say it? My vows didn't say till death, inconvenience, or differences in opinion do we part. Just my .02

Same here. Only been almost 6 years, but we decided before we got married that we wouldn't even consider divorce or separation as a solution.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I listen to my wife if she knows more about it than I do, and vice versa. Although half the time she doesn't believe me until we 'bet' on it. (usually some high figure, like $10,000 until I get down to a buck and then I prove it, and i still don't get paid)

i do like GC and his medication rationale. i agree that directions for use are merely suggestions. That little "cup" that comes with NyQuil..straight into trash and then I proceed to drink a quarter of the bottle. my liver doesn't thank me, but I'm sleeping soundly in 5 flat.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
90% hearing loss in 1 ear + tinnitus = she is very deliberate in seating arrangements. I do listen, I do not always heed. I did make a nice ammo purchase after selling off the encyclopedias. We didn't need them since she knows everything. And have never used screwgle or Wikipedia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom