Does appendix carry make you uncomfortable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a G-Code INCOG for my M&P 9mm. I love the holster and once I find a 9mm shield I plan to get the same holster for it. I like the idea of appendix carry, especially since in a smaller guy. I cant really hide anything on my 5 o clock unless I am wearing a jacket because Im a pretty lean dude. I'm not swole by any means but my chest is just big enough to drape my shirt over a gun when appendix carrying, especially a sub compact like the shield. My only issue is having a loaded gun pointed at my junk all the time makes me a bit uneasy. I know that modern striker fired pistols are extremely safe but still. Anyone feel the same way or am I just being a *****?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not your junk you should worry about. It's your femoral artery. That being said, I don't worry about it when carrying. If I thought the gun or the holster itself was inherently unsafe, I wouldn't carry them at all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Doc.
Practice the draw with an empty gun, and when the time comes, it will be natural. When I pocket draw my P3AT, the trigger finger stays out of the pocket until the gun is drawn with the other fingers.
Same with an appendix.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry appendix every day. It just takes some time to get used to. Practice the draw endlessly and never get in a hurry to reholster. Getting a true appendix carry holster helps the most with conceal ability. Not just marketed as appendix carry but one that has actual grip tuck features specifically for the appendix position.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score
Only because I've got a bit of a belly. Got a blade tech to try it out with my xds, I like 3 or 4 o'clock for comfort a little more since I'm sitting a lot and driving a fair amount.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry appendix, and don't worry a bit. Stuff like that is why I train, including not putting the finger on the trigger until the gun is pointed at a target. Appendix carry has a lot of advantages. Right now I only carry a Kahr CM9 that way, but I will be getting a Glock 19 soon that I plan on carrying exclusively appendix.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest concern is really just a mechanical failure that would cause the gun to go off. I know the chance of that happening is basically zero but the thought is still in my mind. I just ordered a G-Code INCOG for my shield. When it gets here I will start trying it out but probably wont carry it chambered until I get use to it. I was actually surprised how much easier I can conceal a firearm like that. With a slightly larger shirt I can even hide my full size M&P 9, which I couldn't even hide under a jacket at my 5 o clock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom